Question About Blazers

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bayman1975, Jan 13, 2008.

1. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

Anybody shoot Blazer fletchings?

I won a free custom dip, crest, and fletch of a dozen arrows on another forum I frequent. I just have to provide the shafts.

I'm considering Blazers, but I don't know anything about them.

Can you shoot Blazers through a Whisker Biscuit?

Do you fletch them straight, or helical?

Do Blazers limit you on what broadheads you use?

This is what I'm wanting for my bow project I'm working on.

[​IMG]

2. huntin4bb

huntin4bb Well-Known Member

the answers,

Yes

Either

and NO

3. Pro Hunter

Pro Hunter Well-Known Member

I shoot blazer vanes I love them only thing I found I hate about them its hard to get them to stay on your arrow I've tried everything.

4. Paul Jones

Paul Jones Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner

Hey Pro hunter what type of glue are you using. I'm fletching mine with goat tuff glue and not having any problems. As a matter of fact I took 3 deer, a yote, and a turkey with one arrow and never had to replace a single vane. I love them. Bayman I think you would like them. I've actually fletched mine with a 1 degree offset and with a 6-8 degree helical. They pretty much shoot the same for me.

5. Gford

Gford Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne

They fly great and stabilize anything a 4" vane would ! they are a little taller
    so you get the same stabilization with less weight.

I glue them with bohning platinum and tip and tail glue them as well and have no trouble on CE maxima arrows. They passed thru several rib cages the past few years and have not come off.

They are designed to fletch straight with a 2 to 4 degree offset.

6. I have 4 doz. arrows ( gold tip, Easton ACC's, and Carbon Express ) and I have never had a Blazer come loose. I have been shooting them for 4 years, and it will have to be one heck of a new vane design for me to ever switch again. They are all fletched offset to 2 deg. I shoot through a Whisker Biscuit also. Never been a issue.

Try them , you'll like them.

Good luck

7. Pro Hunter

Pro Hunter Well-Known Member

Guys I'm not saying I don't like them I love them I shoot them all the time 2 inch for hunting and mini's for target shooting I'm saying I might have a bach of bad glue I guess because I use goat tuff to I don't know.

8. JH SWAIN JR

JH SWAIN JR Well-Known Member

NWA
    I got them for the wife's bow just because she uses a whisker biscuit and they are so durable. I do hers slightly offset.
    I was shooting 4" feathers but ended up switching to Blazers with a right helical on my set up. I use Goat tuff and have no problems with adhesion.

9. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

Thanks for the information guys.

10. archer

archer Well-Known Member

I use blazers also in a right hand helical and would not trade them for the world.

11. bowtime

bowtime Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012

love em

I shoot 100 grain thunderheads.And was having trouble with arrow flight this past summer.I was shooting broadheads for the first time out of my new switchback xt.A freind said I should try try the blazer vanes.I was shooting a straight 4 in. vane before When I shot the first two arrows with blazers I knew my problems were solved.They shot great and the farther out you shoot the better they seem to fly.As far as the sticking to the shaft problem you here so much about I put some blazer wraps on my shafts and they glued fine.

12. Matt_W

Matt_W Well-Known Member

Pardon my ignorance, I understand the helical, but how do you put offset on a vane?

13. LX Shooter

LX Shooter Well-Known Member

its in the way you set up the jig....offset is not as pronounced as a helical...:thumb:

14. SHOT

SHOT Well-Known Member

I shoot the three inch vane fletched straight with 125g montec.DEADLY ACCURATE. I use beyond bond glue. The best in my opinion.

15. Gford

Gford Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne

You fletch it with a straight clamp and set the jig up to NOT run the vane straight down the shaft. You make the front leading edge of vane 2 degrees to the right or left from the back of the vane. Gives your arrow a rotation that does not shed much speed like a full helical.

16. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

I went from blazers to FOB's and couldn't be happier,I'll never fletch another arrow.:thumb:

17. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I'm looking into putting a Whisker Biscuit on my bow, and the guy at Sportsmans Whse suggested Blazers with one. I shoot 2314 aluminum arrows with 100 grain Thunderheads. Do yall think they'll stabilize that arrow? Anybody shooting them on aluminum arrows?

18. lowellarcher

lowellarcher Well-Known Member

I shoot them on skinny but heavy carbons and they stablize the arrow just as good if not better than when I shot 4 inch vanes. I dont see why it would make any difference if they were aluminum or not. I fletch my own with a little offset to them. They stick very well to arrow wraps. I dont know how they would stick to the slicker aluminum. There is bound to be someone on here that still shoots aluminum that might know.