Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Administrator
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you use this rest and if so how do you like it?

I know its similar to the Ripcord and alot of people use and like that one but I had one and sold it because you couldnt let the bow down without the launcher coming down.

Thats the main reason Im thinking about trying the Ultra Rest. You can let the bow down without shooting it and the launcher arm stays up.

The only complaint Ive seen is that it sometimes doesnt drop quick enough.

Has that been a problem for any of you and if so can it be fixed?

· Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,135 Posts
I have a QAD ultra rest HD on a Hoyt Vectrix and I love it. I have had no problems with it. So far, it operates flawlessly. My wife just had one put on her bow over the weekend because I like mine so much. I've had mine on my bow for about 3 months now and works great. Switched from a WB and it was worth doing. Hope this helps.

· Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,311 Posts
I think I have one that I will give you if I can find it. I could not get it to shoot on my Guardian. I lost all faith in it after it didnt fall a few times. I went to a limdriver and I love it.

http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/limbDriver.asp
I am with you. I had one fail just one time........and I was done with it !!!
I am not going to risk a trophy on some little plastic gears.

Limb Driver, Dropzone, Trophy taker, and I am using the Schaffer Gen II now these are all pretty bomb proof. I did like the containment of the QAD, but if you do not trust it then it is not staying around my place.

Good luck

· Registered
635 Posts
I have one on all of my bows. Never had any trouble. The only ones at the bowshop that i have seen that had trouble is because they were not set up right.

And besides, if it is not installer error,

They are just like trucks and cars. Every now and then one or two will mess up, but it is not worth swearing off Chevy Ford or Dodge just because of a one time mess up.

· Administrator
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That little bit of doubt would have haunted me every minute I was on the stand.
Thats the main reason Im skeptical of switching from a WB in the first place. I know alot of people dont like em but its pretty much fail/idiot proof and that means alot to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.