Pure Vanilla Extract

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jkwilhite1, Oct 18, 2011.

1. jkwilhite1

jkwilhite1 Well-Known Member

Is this new, or am I just behind on the times:head:. I've had several people tell me and I've been seeing it on here, people using pure vanilla extract on feed and spraying it on stuff to attract deer. Does it really work? My wife works with a guy who is a pretty good deer hunter. He told her yesterday he killed a big 10pt over the weekend after he sprayed some vanilla extract on a tree about 20 yards from his stand. This buck come up and was licking on the tree. Now I've herd of putting out peanut butter and black liquorish, but not vanilla. I figured I'd just have a bunch of ants. Anyone?

2. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

3. I was told to get the imitation. I have the imitation and the real stuff and haven't used the real stuff yet. Should I?

4. jwalker

I use car air freshener even

5. jkwilhite1

jkwilhite1 Well-Known Member

I guess I just haft to get some and try it out. I'll let you all know if it works.

6. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

I put some out after this on here and didn't work at all , might of even hurt, because rvrn the coons stop eat the corn ?

7. jwalker

8. alex21582

alex21582 Account Suspended

I put some out and have not got a single picture since that day. I was getting 40-50 pictures a day, and now am not even getting coons or anything!!! Maybe it's just coincidence, but I'll never use it again!!

9. BigRon501

BigRon501 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

that picture is ridiculous! :eek:

10. jwalker

11. I swear by it. We had a guy that never saw anything. He wouldnt use the Vanilla. One of my buddies snuck behind him and poured a whole bottle down his back. He killed his first deer that day. I use it all the time. I put it in a spray bottle. Its cheap and deer love it.

12. Bowhunter5

Bowhunter5 Member<br>2013-14 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

How do you use it? Spray it on yourself?

13. jwalker

Spray on and around feeder on game camera and on boots and fourwheeler tires

14. On my arms, hands. face. hair cap. clothes. bushes around me. everything.

15. Bowhunter5

Bowhunter5 Member<br>2013-14 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I'll have to try it . Be alot cheaper for sure.

16. On everything, I've never used

17. jwalker

[​IMG]
    ??? Might just be the ticket???

18. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

I know it works for some people, but for me it mine as well be a bottle of botchulism, cause won't a single animal come near vanilla country when I tried it.

19. jbmobley

jbmobley Well-Known Member

When it's warm it keeps that gnats off you too.