Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the swisher rough cut.

Pros/cons, suggestions?

A couple if places I want to go is too narrow to get a tractor into.

·
Premium Member
26,136 Posts
I have one. Get the bigger electric start model. Works well. Havent used mine in several years. Mine needs a new belt and I am sure a carburetor cleaning by now. Perfect behind a 4wheeler. They are also pretty good for getting on wet areas where a tractor would sink out of sight.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I have one and it mostly works good. The drawbar design isn't great for mowing some places. I took the front part off and replaced it with a straight piece of 2" tube with coupler so that I could use the ball on my wheeler to pull it. That worked real good. I found a good used one for less than a new one. I think they are worth the money though. I know I have mowed a lot of 4 wheeler trails at the deer camp. Still in good shape and going good.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
If your ATV is automatic, make sure to mow in low range.

High range, running real slow, kills belts and clutches. Also kinda hard on air cooled engines with no air flowing across those fins. Not a huge deal, just something to keep in the back of your head.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
If your ATV is automatic, make sure to mow in low range.

High range, running real slow, kills belts and clutches. Also kinda hard on air cooled engines with no air flowing across those fins. Not a huge deal, just something to keep in the back of your head.
I mowed for years towing a rig behind a Kawasaki Bayou 300--they have a differential, so you don't tear up the grass. Only thing was running slow with the air cooled motor. A small 12 volt fan like truckers used to use rigged up in front of the motor made a huge difference. I'd recommend an oil cooler if you can swing it.

·
Premium Member
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Honda rubicon. I've mowed with it before and pulled a disc. The second year I had it I worked it like a dog. Its done everything I've asked it to do

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I have one and it mostly works good. The drawbar design isn't great for mowing some places. I took the front part off and replaced it with a straight piece of 2" tube with coupler so that I could use the ball on my wheeler to pull it. That worked real good. I found a good used one for less than a new one. I think they are worth the money though. I know I have mowed a lot of 4 wheeler trails at the deer camp. Still in good shape and going good.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Where did you find a used one?

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
You may also look at a DR walk behind mower. It will go places a four wheeler will not. Only problem with it is whatever you mow down you have to walk over.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You may also look at a DR walk behind mower. It will go places a four wheeler will not. Only problem with it is whatever you mow down you have to walk over.
I rented one of those walk behind brush mowers and it was bad to the bone! Cut thru 2 1/2 saplings like butter..self propelled but it is a workout if you use it all day. Borowed a buddys pull behind and it was ok till you get to big stuff and then it didn't work near as good as brush mower..

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
We mow stuff with it my 4x4 tractor will not climb. But watch out for ground hornets and yellow jackets. They are mad after you run over them.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Or if you can find a used Yamaha TerraPro. Pick up a finish mower or bush hog to go with it.

Local scrap yard had one a few years ago, I could've bought it for $250 with the RC42 bush hog, which is made by Woods for Yamaha. Shoulda bought it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Or if you can find a used Yamaha TerraPro. Pick up a finish mower or bush hog to go with it.

Local scrap yard had one a few years ago, I could've bought it for $250 with the RC42 bush hog, which is made by Woods for Yamaha. Shoulda bought it.
Theres a guy here in town that has a terra pro I talked to him at the gas station one time and he uses a finish mower and he loves it. I had never seen one it was cool

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
A guy I worked with had one. He mowed his rather large yard with it. I don't think it could stand much of a bush hog. If I remember right the PTO shaft was rather small.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts