Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
There is quite a bit of Cherokee land around Greers Ferry lake. It costs 20$ for a permit. Look on the AG+F website for maps. IT is pretty heavily hunted but with some scouting and bootwork you can get behind the crowds. I know the one near Tannenbaum golf course has a bunch of deer.

Also, if you're new to an area don't over look asking for permission to hunt private land. At least 50% of the land owners will grant permission if your clean and dressed decently, they just don't want people tearing up the fences and feilds. Several places I have to hunt the land owner wants more deer and turkeys killed but they don't want 4 wheelers tearing up the feilds, close the gates when you go through, don't leave trash, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
875 Posts
There is quite a bit of Cherokee land around Greers Ferry lake. It costs 20$ for a permit. Look on the AG+F website for maps. IT is pretty heavily hunted but with some scouting and bootwork you can get behind the crowds. I know the one near Tannenbaum golf course has a bunch of deer.

Also, if you're new to an area don't over look asking for permission to hunt private land. At least 50% of the land owners will grant permission if your clean and dressed decently, they just don't want people tearing up the fences and feilds. Several places I have to hunt the land owner wants more deer and turkeys killed but they don't want 4 wheelers tearing up the feilds, close the gates when you go through, don't leave trash, that sort of thing.
You can buy the permit and get the map at Wal-mart in Heber Springs. You can also hunt Greers Ferry WMA. That is bow hunting and squirrel hunting only. Free:wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.