Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im a new guy to the forums and first off i wanna say this forum is pretty awesome. but im 24 and i live in conway. I was wondering if you guys know any good public hunting spots within 50 miles. that you can hunt with a guy. I found one little WMA out by Houston its the River Bend WMA its just over 100 acres. I dont know if it has a lot of hunting pressure or not. Ive also tried figure out about how to get to the Winonna WMA down by perryville. I know they have that little scenic drive that cuts from hwy 9 to hwy 7. Can you pretty much hunt anywhere off that? Anyways i appreciate any help yall give.

Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Winona's pretty good. We hunt there quite a bit. You can just pull off anywhere after you see the Ouachita National Forest sign, and hunt. That's what we usually do, but you can only shoot bucks with a gun. I'm not sure where Winona lets off and the forest begins.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
If you bow-hunt south of 89 you need a Sportsman Permit....Hold Harmless Permit or what ever their calling it now. On the north side of 89 you just need to hunt. Gun and ML hunts are by drawn permits. :up:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I printed out a topo map from the game and fish websites. I was hoping it would show the food plots on it but it doesn't. Ive read that there is close to 150 food plots in the WMA. I guess i just gotta go out there with my GPS and find them lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.