Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I was going to buy a new bow and had just about made up my mind on a new Mathews DXT.... Then one day I went to pick up a gun I had bought here in EL Dorado, and a PSE pro was at the gun / bow / pawn shop trying to get them interested in carrying the PSE line..... They were carrying to Bowtech / Diamond line. Anyway , I digress...

The pro asked me if I had heard of the X-Force, and I said yes, but that I was planning on getting a DXT.... He asked me if I wanted to shoot the X-Force SS he had in the back. I said OK and went to shoot it.... I had never seen the bow before.... I picked it up, nocked an arrow, clipped the release, to the loop, drew the bow, took aim, released.

The arrow must have flown perfectly, because it hit exactly where I aimed, BUT I never saw the arrow in flight...... it was that fast.... I shot it a few more times and thats all it took. I am now going to buy the X-Force SS. It was solid, fast and smooth. No hand shock, and it is one of the quietest bows I have never heard. I had looked at a bunch, but this was the cream of the crop. I really was that impressed. The SS I shot had a huge WOW factor. BTW .... It was set up with a whisker Biscuit, which is the same rest I use, and it was still blazing fast and accurate..... Bonus Points......

God Bless

MET

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Recently bought an X-force HF and love it, but three short weeks later learn I will probably be up for back surgery in the next few weeks. That was quite the downer. I was so excited about seeing just what this would do in the woods. You can't go wrong with the PSE. It is all I have ever had and most likely all I will ever have.

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,314 Posts
I have shot several and setup a few of them. As far as "speed bows" go it is probably the best thing going. Some will disagree, but The draw curve on the X bows are very stiff. It has a table top draw curve that reaches peak weight and carries it till the end. As compared to a single cam bow it will feel harder to draw at the same weight. Singles and cam 1/2 bows are just easier to draw than the "speed bows".

That being said speed has to come from somewhere and if that is what you are looking for in a bow then the X will be a good choice. For me personally I want a bow I can ease back very slowly when a deer is a 15 yards.

That is why there are so many different and good bows out there. Just go shoot as many bows as you can and let the bow pick you:up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.