Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I have a 760 in 30-06. The only complaint that I have about it is the trigger. Looooooots of creep. I have shot 1.5 groups with mine. off of the truck hood, with standard 150 and 165 grain core-loks. I have killed deer from 5 yards to 225 yds.
I have nothing bad to say about mine. I did retire mine this year. It is still in pretty much mint condition.

I felt the need to extend my hobbies, so I bought a savage14, American classic in 7mm-08. I plan on startinging to tinker with reloading for it this spring.:up:

· Registered
2,545 Posts
If anything, they suffer from two of the problems that the 742 has, one if fired extensively the interrupted thread locking lugs in the receiver will stretch, when this gets bad enough the rifle is trash. As a deer rifle you'll probably never see this....Problem two is more nuisance than anything, the chamber on these rifles (and 742's and model 4's and 7400's and the new 750's) are hard to clean and lube. Without special attention they will rust, at times so bad the rim will be pulled off the fired case trying to extract it. I keep mine coated with silicone spray, this dries and so far has kept mine from rusting again.

· Registered
3,472 Posts
Had a 760 30-06 a long time ago. Got rid of it because it kicked so hard it gave me a headache after 5 shots. I have shot 300 WM synthetics that were more comfortable to shoot. Stock design and angles have a lot to do with felt (or perceived) recoil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.