Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to open a can of worms. I read a review by Chuckhawks on the White Hots. They were not favorable. Now for the can of worms.

What do you think is the best propellant for a CVA Accura MR?

·
Administrator
88,032 Posts
I will preface this by saying I don't own a CVA and haven't shot the White Hots.

I have shot black powder, pyrodex loose powder and pyrodex pellets and have shot the 777. I had misfires with the 777 and have gone back to pyrodex pellets in my rifles. To me, the true BP was too messy to use in the field.

My actual load in my 50 cal knight inlines is 2 54 caliber 60 gr eq pellets. The 54 cal pellets fit down the bore like a glove and shoot great out to 100 yards, which is where I have my MZ rifles zeroed.

A guy I work with tried the White Hots and went back to Jim Shockey Gold. Don't remember who make that. I'm satisfied with my load so I just stick with what's been working. I fire my MZ rifle one or 2 times a year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Blackhorn 209 is the best you clean just like a center fire gun with hoppes and can shoot all day with out cleaning at the range you do have to clean the breech plug with a drill bit in the flame channel and you have to make sure you have no blow back around the primer or you will get misfires. plus there less smoke when you shoot at your game can you say I see you.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I've used nothing but White Hots since 2006. Wrong guy to get an opinion from I guess because I've had nothing but good results from it. I've just killed somehing every year since 2006 with them. Who knows? Could be the worse BP substitute ever.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
If you have the right priming system that is compatible for Blackhorn 209. It is excellent. Their website has a guide that shows what priming systems will light it consistently. In my experience it is accurate and gives good velocity. It doesn't light well in hunting conditions with my rifle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.