Arkansas Hunting banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,264 Posts
Why will these not work in your buddy heater?
I have three that all use this style of bottle.
There are only certain ones that work in my buddy heater.
It took running out of fuel on a cold morning and fighting with a few bottles of fuel to figure it out.
The bottles with the slight taper leading to the threads and the slight taper at the start of the thread profile won’t work with my heater. Of course they will work in my friends heater that by all appearances is identical to mine.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread Synthetic rubber

The ones with no taper work fine in my heater and screw in with absolutely no problem.
Coin Automotive tire Money handling Currency Money

At one time WM had a ton of the Coleman bottles and some had a black bottom and some had a green. I don’t recall which was which, but one would work in my heater and the other wouldn’t.
Before I buy bottles for my heater, I have to take the little black plastic cap off to check them.
This year the ones I found that would work were the BernzOmatic bottles from Tractor Supply.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
It took running out of fuel on a cold morning and fighting with a few bottles of fuel to figure it out.
The bottles with the slight taper leading to the threads and the slight taper at the start of the thread profile won’t work with my heater. Of course they will work in my friends heater that by all appearances is identical to mine.
View attachment 337102
The ones with no taper work fine in my heater and screw in with absolutely no problem.
View attachment 337103
At one time WM had a ton of the Coleman bottles and some had a black bottom and some had a green. I don’t recall which was which, but one would work in my heater and the other wouldn’t.
Before I buy bottles for my heater, I have to take the little black plastic cap off to check them.
This year the ones I found that would work were the BernzOmatic bottles from Tractor Supply.
I had never heard of that problem before.
I just got the fitting to refill them and it’s a huge savings.

·
Registered
11,264 Posts
Time to drop that dude on Facebook marketplace and make someone else that lucky.
I know what I’ve got and how to make it work now.
Thankfully I only had to suffer through one cold morning.
Considering I’ve only hunted one morning this year, I can probably get another year or two off the two cylinders I bought before this season. Lol

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
View attachment 337102
View attachment 337103
I had a camp stove that gave me hell sometimes on bottles. Wouldn't hold onto them and they would pop out. Just add some Teflon tape or electrical tape and worked great. Wrapped it around the threads and then screwed it in. Held on and no leaks.

·
Registered
11,264 Posts
I had a camp stove that gave me hell sometimes on bottles. Wouldn't hold onto them and they would pop out. Just add some Teflon tape or electrical tape and worked great. Wrapped it around the threads and then screwed it in. Held on and no leaks.
The bottles that fit, work perfectly with no issues.
I don’t know if the fitting on my heater is slightly different than most or what, but apparently either that taper on the section between the lip of the bottle and start of the threads, or the taper at the start of the threads is the reason the bottles don’t work.
The thread size and pitch seem to match up, but that slight difference between the bottle styles is enough not to work in my heater.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.