Prop Question?

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by Edge650, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Edge650

Edge650 Well-Known Member

What are the main differences between the Power Tech REB3 prop and Power Tech SCB3, The SCB3 is a semi Cleaver prop. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the Semi Clever prop. I have the REB3 14p on my Tohatsu TLDI 40 now and it runs great, but I was told I might get better performance out of a semi Cleaver prop. What are yalls thoughts?

2. jarred_g

jarred_g Well-Known Member

The scb is designed to pick the transom up out of the water. I am running a scb 14 pitch on my tldi right now and it really helped with my porpoising, but I need to raise my motor up a tad to get maximum performance. If you run with a lot of weight in the front on your boat you won't like it.

3. Edge650

What size boat, motor are you running and what pitch? What speeds are you getting?

4. jarred_g

jarred_g Well-Known Member

I have a 1548 war eagle, with a 40tldi I didn't GPS it the other day when I ran my boat with that prop.

5. Edge650

Why does the semi cleaver give more stern lift it doesn't seem to have any cupping?

6. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

I think it just has to do with the shape of the prop but that's just a complete guess. Might wanna ask Arkyduckboy on here about the tldi because he runs on on a 650 too

7. Edge650

Ok Thanks for the help.