Program that Scores Bucks from a Picture

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BTC, Dec 16, 2010.

1. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

2. I would do it if I knew it worked. If anyone has it let me know how it works. I would love to have something like that. I am not that good at guessing the score.

3. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

It was free a few years ago. I tried it. It worked ok. I tried it on a few deer that I killed and scored and it got fairly close. I don't know if it's worth paying for. I think It bases all of it's measurements off of a given reference point (like the width of an eye or length of a deer). It's not precise, but I think it will get you within a few inches.

4. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

I downloaded it and it seems ok. Im gonna have to play with it a little.

5. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

See if it will score Gigantor. :up:

6. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

where's the Pic?

7. btech29

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  8. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

I got 175.39 Gross

Im not sure about that however. Send me your email and I will send you the scoresheet.

9. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

Wow. If thats the same deer its not accurate. I couldnt see all that other junk. He is amazing.

10. btech29

Its hard to see everything thats going on. Hes got junk running everywhere. My email is btech29@gmail.com. Thanks

11. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

Not sure but I saw a article in qdma about a program that does this they said that to be as accurate as it could be u need 3 pics or more that include staight on 90degree and 45. So the program could calculate in 3d

12. pruitt76

I bet they have upgraded the product since I used the free version. You needed one pic on the version I tried and it needed to be a good closeup photo.

13. pruitt76

Try this guy and see if you can come up with about 127.
    [​IMG]

14. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

Ok I will as soon I get a chance.

15. pruitt76

Just to give you a couple reference points; he was about 17" wide with 6" brow tine on his right side. The othere was 5 or 5 1/2 if I remember correctly.

Brian

16. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

I came up with 106 and some change...??? I was in a hurry though. I may try it again later. It didnt list the inside spread nearly wide enough I noticed.