Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to North American Whitetail TV and Magazine the prime time to be in the woods in the mid-West and mid-South is 3 to 4 days after the 2nd Full Moon in October, which is on the 26th. They say the rut will be in full swing beginning October 31st thru November 13th. If you've got any vacation days left, this is the time to use them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
A Deer & Deer Hunting maagazine recent article speculates that the peak of the rut will fall within the 10 days after the full moon on November 13th. That makes me re-think my first week of the season vacation. Some years it is still warm that first week, and there is more rut activity the second week of the season.

It's all a guessing game, but there seems to be more daylight big buck activity during the peak of the rut.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I was born on November 13th, it's the best day of the year me thinks. Of course, I've always been a little on the weird side. Love deer hunting from late October thru the middle of November. It honestly stirs the soul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.