Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How has the price of land and leases been affected (or is it "effected", i never am sure which to use), in states where there has already been confirmed CWD?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Rattle-m-up[emoji769 said:
;2557870]How has the price of land and leases been affected (or is it "effected", i never am sure which to use), in states where there has already been confirmed CWD?
I don't know, but it would depend on the trophy potential of the land to begin with, and then depend on the particular state game agency's plans and impacts related to combating the disease.

If you didn't have trophy potential to begin with, and the state agency reduces the local herd to a very low density, young-buck age structure herd; then you can bet that it won't be nearly as attractive or valuable.

Who wants to hunt a low density deer lease for dinks, when even if you just want meat to eat, the few and far between deer you do see are likely infected with a terminal disease with unknown health effects on humans?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.