Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got plenty of gamecam pictures of yotes and foxes. Will be first time going. Current gameplan is to set up on the tree line downwind over looking a field. Put my electronic caller out and hope something shows. Surely there's more to it.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Got plenty of gamecam pictures of yotes and foxes. Will be first time going.Current gameplay is to set up on the tree line downwind over looking a field. Put my electronic caller out and hope something shows. Surely there's more to it.
That's basically it. Just remember you won't fool their nose and they're not likely to hang around within bowshot for very long if there's not a dying critter on the ground when they get to you.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Move areas frequently as in don't hunt the same spots weekly. I like to wait 3-4 weeks to call in the same spot and try to set up a little different when I do. And be patient sometimes they storm in in 30 sec other times might 30 min

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
A
I have an electronic critter tail. Seen mixed opinions on them. Gonna break out the .22 mag as well.
A rifle is the way to go as most yotes will not get within bow range and, if they do, they will likely catch you drawing your bow. A Crossbow would eliminate second problem but even a shotgun with Dead Coyote shells will take predators beyond the range of archery equipment. The .22 Mag is OK. Of course, archery equipment would be really sporting...

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
You never know how it is going to to go. First time I ever tried hunting coyotes with a call, I did 4 different areas in the same day. All relatively close to each other. Had 5 yotes come in, I shot 2. The others busted me and got out before I could get a shot off. Have been many times since with out getting a single one to come in.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
You never know how it is going to to go. First time I ever tried hunting coyotes with a call, I did 4 different areas in the same day. All relatively close to each other. Had 5 yotes come in, I shot 2. The others busted me and got out before I could get a shot off. Have been many times since with out getting a single one to come in.
What call/ sounds were you using

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Check out MFK diaphram calls. Cheap and effective. Learn how to bark, howl and do pup distress with it. I’m far from a expert but I’ve had some good luck using it and a primos cotton tail distress call.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts