Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
tdf,
My 527 is the LUX version. I purchased this gun around 2000 or so. The American version had been released, but was in short supply. The LUX fit me well, so I bought it and topped it with a 4-12x40 Bushnell 3200. The little rifle has been great and is very accurate with loads it likes. Mine seems to prefer ammo in the 45-50 grain range and that seems about right since it is a 1-12 twist. I have some 52 grain ammo I want to put on paper, but have just not taken the time yet. The coyote fell to a 50 grain Remington accu tip from about a whopping 35 yards. She was on me so fast it was hard to believe. I don't think I was on the stand a total of about 3-5 minutes.

·
Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting
5,620 Posts
I am ballin on a different budget than you fellas. I did pick this up last night though. Feels great and reviews are good. I am ready to give it a go. NEF .223 Survivor.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I haven't actually got to bust one with it yet but this is what I carry when I chase yotes. I shot at one standing still at 653yrds, saw the bullet kick snow and dirt up underneath him, farthest shot I have ever attempted. Rem 700CDL 300RUM, with a nikon 4-12x40 shooting 150gr Sirocco swift power level III.

·
Administrator
87,117 Posts
I haven't actually got to bust one with it yet but this is what I carry when I chase yotes. I shot at one standing still at 653yrds, saw the bullet kick snow and dirt up underneath him, farthest shot I have ever attempted. Rem 700CDL 300RUM, with a nikon 4-12x40 shooting 150gr Sirocco swift power level III.
Ya think that's enough power to kill a yote Carr? :head:

·
Registered
17,231 Posts
Trying out a 243 for coyotes. It hurts me to leave my 250 at home. I sighted it in and went straight and killed a yote.

·
Registered
17,231 Posts
Btech, what's the details on that 243?
Not much to tell. Its a Remington 700. Its been tricked out a little. It has been Cerakoted. Scope and all weighs 8.3 pounds. Im shooting 60g Seirra hollow points at 3600 fps. Less than 3" spread from 50 to 300 yards.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Mr. Chitlin:1432067 said:
Ya think that's enough power to kill a yote Carr? :head:
I knew somebody was gonna make that statement, lol. I will tell you one thing Mr. C, I don't have to look for deer after I shoot them:)

The only reason it is my Yote gun is because I dont Havering another rifle that is suitable for the job and where I hunt a shotgun is impractical because you can see farther than you can shoot. When I get my pennies saved up I plan on getting a .223

·
Administrator
87,117 Posts
I knew somebody was gonna make that statement, lol. I will tell you one thing Mr. C, I don't have to look for deer after I shoot them:)

The only reason it is my Yote gun is because I dont Havering another rifle that is suitable for the job and where I hunt a shotgun is impractical because you can see farther than you can shoot. When I get my pennies saved up I plan on getting a .223
There's an old saying... Beware of a man with just one gun as he probably knows how to use it!! :up:

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.