Prayer request for the family of a dear friend.

Discussion in 'Prayer and Religion' started by flydown, Dec 29, 2010.

1. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    A lifelong friend of mine came by to see me just a little while ago. When I answered the door he was upset. He came by to tell that his uncle had passed away this morning. His uncle was a very special person in my heart. He was one of my favorite baseball coaches when I was a teenager. He also coached both my brothers. He touched the lives of many of the residents of Beebe in some way and I know that he will be greatly missed by all that knew him. His name is Carthal Healy.
    Mr Healy was very active in the baseball program in Beebe in the seventies and eighties and very active in the entire community. Mr Healy coached me and one of my brothers at the same time in about 1980 and my oldest brother before that. We all stayed in touch with him throughout the years and went by to visit with him from time to time. I thank God that I had a chance to know him. I could easily type pages of tribute to Carthal Healy.
    The world has lost one of it's greatest treasures today.

Goodbye Mr. Healy and thank you for all you did in this world.
    Enjoy the peace and rest of being with God.

2. ruger08

ruger08 Well-Known Member

Prayers on the way

3. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Prayers sent as well...

4. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Prayers sent.

5. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Prayers sent for the family and friends of what sounds to be a very special and caring man.

6. flydown

Beebe
    He was a very special man.

7. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

8. browtine

browtine Well-Known Member

9. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

Mr. Healy was a great man who was nice and helpfull to every young person he came in contact with. I grew up with a couple of his grandkids and my thoughts go out to them. I remember riding beside him to a ball tourny years ago. He had a spit cup sitting in the middle of a roll of duct tape there in the floor and I swear there was more spit on the carpet than in the cup! Only clean spot was where that duct tape cup holder was sitting!

10. flydown

Beebe
    I thought that someone on here may have known him. He was a big fan of the game of baseball. I don't know that he had a favorite team but I do know that he loved the game. Many of the lights on the first four ball fields at Beebe's park were donated and installed by him. He helped many teenagers learn about baseball and life. He realy loved baseball and people.

When I played for him, I had an accident and shot my hand with a bb gun(the bb is still in my hand). Mr Healy always teased me about that, even when I would visit him twenty years later. I have to say that I realy loved that man.

11. jdoddharm

jdoddharm Active Member

Prayers for you and his family, was he related by chance to Danny Healy. I worked with Danny years ago.

12. flydown

Beebe
    I don't know if he was or not.