Powertech REBIII trade

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by NaturalStateNative, Dec 15, 2010.

1. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

With my motor setup on my new Xpress I don't think my 14 pitch powertech is going to work. I don't have my tilt and trim mounted yet, but I am hitting my rev limiter pretty quick at 33mph. Would sombody have a 15 pitch REBIII that I could try out and possibly trade for my 14 p?
    I want to get the CMC mounted first and run it just in case somthing changes, but I think I will need more prop. Or if sombody had a stainless 15 pitch of any brand that they would want to sell I might be interested

2. keeb

keeb Well-Known Member

Might want to let us know what it will fit? Is it a 10 spline?

3. DuckLn

DuckLn Well-Known Member

If you have a 3rd generation suzi (98-00), get an older CDI box and plug it in to the harness. This will let you rev the motor up where it can perform.

4. NaturalStateNative

It's a 92 zuke. Sorry I forgot to mention what motor, I guess I assumed that most everybody had read about my boat ordeal over the last couple months.

5. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

Don't let Duckln fool you that aint an easy task(changing CDI box) compared to testing someone's 15P prop. I would definitley test one before buying one then having the same problem.

Duckln you wanna race for slips?:up:

6. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

how fast you guys running and what kind of setups?

7. NaturalStateNative

I'm going to put my PT130 on tomorrow and try the prop that way, then load it with a buddy, dog, and sack of decoys and see what it does. Then I want to try the 15p. If the 14 runs better than the 15 with weight in the boat then I will just keep it and buy a 15 also.

8. DuckLn

DuckLn Well-Known Member

I changed my CDI in about 20 minutes but you gotta get one that came off a tiller handle. Sounds like you may have a low rev limiter even though its a 92.

Nturchi - You are making me angry and i wanna fite.

9. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

will I actually get to see you this weekend or is tamika keepin you at work again? She'll hit 35 roostered up or at full ninja, how ever you take it!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010