Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
nice bull merganser...whereabouts you hunt?

you ever mash them brains up and put em in warm buttermilk? mmmmmmm
It's taken years of habitat work and the building of countless Hooded Merganser nesting boxes to build this trophy Hoodie hotspot. I shouldn't have even posted that pic on an open forum. I've already had 17 pm's and have seen three trucks from South Carolina. There's just nothing like hearing and calling in a big flock of Hoodies. They just sound elegant; angelic even...

You just don't share your "Hoodie hole"... Think about it. Those spots are so coveted people won't even talk about them on this forum in any fashion. Most people don't even know about it. The first rule about a Hoodie hole is that there is no Hoodie hole. I'll probably get contacted for even speaking of this.

(I must admit I actually think the drakes are pretty cool looking ducks. The common mergansers not so much...)

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
They just sound elegant; angelic even...
nothing gets bird dog washington's blood boiling at 0600 like that courtship sound they make while sitting on the water...I've heard it described as sounding like a bean fart.

the most beautiful bean fart I've ever heard

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.