possibly seeking yote hunters

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by carbonelement, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We are being over ran by yotes. I live/work on a chicken farm and we use a "Pit" when our freezers get to full. The yotes have figured this out and have started coming in with lots of numbers. There is two that are HUGE that we think may possibly be wolf mix breeds. I only own a muzzle loader and a bow. My parents actually live on the land the chicken houses are on. I am currently trying to talk her into letting me bring in some people to take care of this problem. With that said would any of you be interested in coming down to good ol Birta to go on a yote hunt? I can show you exactly where they go to eat. We see them a LOT during the day all thru the day. Here lately they have been getting braver than usual. We had three within 30 yards of the house. When I walked outside they just stood there and watched me. I actually had to yell at them to get them to leave. My mom told me to ask on here and see if anyone was interested before she made her decision. So if there is any of you that want to come down and take a try please let me know so I can let her know. I am not asking for money or anything. With that said I will NOT be paying someone to do it either. But there will NOT be any trapping because they do have outside dogs that are less than smart, lol. So please let me know if you are interested and/or willing to Birta for a yote hunt.

2. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

I will come down and bust some. I am sure Dermot would come down with me and call them in.

3. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Keep the dogs up for a week and trap the heck out of them.............

4. grrifles

grrifles Well-Known Member

I would love to after Jan. Just let me know. Pm me your number if you would like.

5. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Just tell me when and where. :up:

6. terry72110

terry72110 Well-Known Member

Let me know when and where!!!

7. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

You may get enough replies that you could start a bidding war:clap: with the highest bid gettin first chance:biggrin: I mean I guess I could start the bidding with, lets say $80.00 per shooter x 2 would be $160 in your pocket to help with the problem:up:

Carl

8. OughtSix

OughtSix Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I'm not paying anyone to coyote hunt and help them remove a problem. But I will volunteer some free rounds to help put down a few.

9. Loc-on

Loc-on Well-Known Member

You let me know when and we can help you out with your problem.

10. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

I'll load my gun y'all just holler

11. Carver

Carver Well-Known Member

Id be willing to lend a hand. Mike

12. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I tried to call cjdavis618 but I got his voicemail. I bet he would be happy to help. I may even be able to talk him into letting me come along with him. If someone goes after them, I would like to come along as a shooter. :thumb:

13. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

"We see them a LOT during the day all thru the day. Here lately they have been getting braver than usual. We had three within 30 yards of the house. When I walked outside they just stood there and watched me. I actually had to yell at them to get them to leave."

Sounds like you need not waste any time. If they are at the house AND not scattering at the first signs of human movement. Eating dead chickens is about to be the least of your problems. I would advise you to tell your folks this could turn south quick if you don't get it under control. Seems like every documented attack on children, pets and adults start with "well, I started noticing them around the house and they weren't shy about sticking around". Or words to that effect. Good luck

14. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    sell like 20 chickens and buy a gun

15. gbashby

gbashby Well-Known Member

Just give me a call. 501.230.2339 Thanks

Greg
    Searcy AR

16. alkrygow

alkrygow Well-Known Member

lets all go pummel these things... im in... Allan 4797903399 rogers

17. sportsmanetc

sportsmanetc Well-Known Member

I've got an AR that is loaded and ready to heat up. Just give me a holler.

18. still trying to talk the mother into it.

19. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

Afew minutes research of 'coyote attacks' should give you lots of 'ammunition' to help support your request with the boss. If the coyotes are coming around the house, you've got a problem.

20. she is pretty set in her ways. I have researched it and showed it to her. And her reply was they don't come out during the day often. I told her "Oh really lets go outside" there were three within 50 yards of the house. I wish I would have had a gun but I did not think they would be that close again. But she thinks they will just eat the dead chickens and leave her alone. :banghead: She is not to good of a listener. I told her if she waits until one gets aggressive then it may be to late. I am making head way with her. It is just a slow and drawn out process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.