Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
here ya go

I am in the process of making one myself right now. I found one online that looks pretty good. Google DIY Duck Blind. I am changing some of the dimensions to better meet my needs. Hope this helps! I will let you know how mine turns out

·
Registered
16 Posts
one thing we did was go and look at some actual pop up blinds and also look real close in some of the catalogs and if they have a close up you can sometimes figure out a way to do it yourself

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
In that case, have you considered taking a plastic drum and cutting it lenthwise, then overrlapping it and bolting and caulking it together to make a "coffin blind" of sorts??

I dont weigh much and if you add a little support you can use it as a sled to port your gear in and out. Add a lenth of tapered plywood as a backrest, then cover up with the burlap you mentioned, or make a ghille cover with it and you are low to the waterline, well hidden comfortable and can ducks to light at your feet if yu get things set-up right with the wind.

I've been doing it for a bit, and it ain't too bad. Not the best shooting platform though. But when they are close enough to smell the rice and acorns on their breath., it ain't that hard.

·
Registered
884 Posts
In that case, have you considered taking a plastic drum and cutting it lenthwise, then overrlapping it and bolting and caulking it together to make a "coffin blind" of sorts??

I dont weigh much and if you add a little support you can use it as a sled to port your gear in and out. Add a lenth of tapered plywood as a backrest, then cover up with the burlap you mentioned, or make a ghille cover with it and you are low to the waterline, well hidden comfortable and can ducks to light at your feet if yu get things set-up right with the wind.

I've been doing it for a bit, and it ain't too bad. Not the best shooting platform though. But when they are close enough to smell the rice and acorns on their breath., it ain't that hard.

If I'm not mistaken you have to be careful, that your blind isnt considered a "sink box". That is if your making what I think you are. :biggrin:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well, I did it! :clap: I finished my blind. It is made of pvc pipe and camo burlap I got from Wal-Mart. The corner pieces were hard to find but thankfully Lowe's finally got a new shipment in. It is 8 feet long 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall (not counting roof) It might look smaller in the picture because I had to resize it to make the file small enough to attach.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I made one three seasons ago for a field we had limited access to. I learned real quick that some wire and stakes were well worth having. The first good blow we had and we were scattering around trying to find ways to keep it grounded!

Some long stakes and bailing wire made the day!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.