• Hit

Votes: 92 100.0%
  • Miss

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've been known to miss a few ( a few ??? ) especially in my younger years..I take my time these days & have only missed one in the past few years,,hit a tree on that one..Misses were always easy to get over for the most part,,it's those cripples that bothered me for days on end..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
If you miss most of the deer you shoot at, you have serious problems and in bad need of evaluating your participation in the sport until you've done something to improve your marksmanship abilities.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
when i first started shooting at deer, squirrels or whatever, i missed just about everytime. Parents finally took me to the eye doctor and discovered i needed glasses. Since then I have missed two deer and a few squirrels have gotten lucky in the past 17 years (knock on wood that i keep it that way)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I kill most that I shoot at but have been known to get my shirt tail cut off more than a couple of times!

If we were talking about duck hunting- that is a whole nother story

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I kill most that I shoot at but have been known to get my shirt tail cut off more than a couple of times!

If we were talking about duck hunting- that is a whole nother story
Lost a few shirtails in my younger days:biggrin: I missed one critter in the last several years.the bear I missed in '06, and if I'd had my rangefinder, I would have let him walk...I flat misjudged him...thought he was about 200-225 yards...but he was 309!!!!!!!!!!

I got one Contender, affectionately known as... The Devil's Right Hand .......35 deer and 36 shots!!!!!! I misjudged the distance and shot over his back, 2nd shot nailed him.......and that was way back, before poorfolk could afford a rangefinder!!!:biggrin:

Ducks.........a whole different story:smack: Especially them lil FFF ducks (teal):biggrin: I shot 3 times at a Woodie one morning, and he turned his head to look over his shoulder to laugh at me, and he flew into a tree and broke his neck!!!!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I hit most but not because I am a good shot but because I take only safe shots don't like to wound deer and not recover.:up:

I have a friend that just throws up and shoots and spends a lot of time tracking good deer and never finding them.:mad:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
deadly from birth!!!!!!!!!!!!

grew up on rabbits and beagles..... began at 5yo shootin' a single shot .410....didn't miss many swampers....ain't missed but 3 deer in all my days.... 2 with a shotgun and 1 with a bow

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I have not missed a deer since I was 22 years old. Piece of garbage weaver scope with a see through mount on a marlin 30-30. I don't eat duck so I don't hunt them.
The day dad lost the deer to a fogged up scope was the day we started investing in Leupold! Nothing makes you cuss louder than a major malfunction in the heat of battle!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.