Arkansas Hunting banner

Are you for or againt the AGFC bringing back the MOJO DUCK this year?

• Yes, I'm for the MOJO duck

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • No, I'm against the MOJO duck

Votes: 56 61.5%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am against them lifting the ban.

I find the overall environment of duck hunting MUCH better without them around.

We as a state haven't seen ANY drop in the overall harvest numbers since the ban was established...therefore We aren't missing out on ANYTHING without the SWDs.

·
Super Moderator
14,336 Posts
I grew up in the river bottoms and duck hunted a lot growing up, although I've only been once in the last 25-30 years. I personally don't see anything wrong with the mojo. If it helps someone limit out sooner, fine. The limit is still the same.

·
Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that sounds like good middle ground possibly.
I agree, Imagine with the overcrowding that we have these days if everyone had a MOJO with them. Or each group had one with them. The woods would have more MOJO's than actual ducks. I guarantee that if they bring it back it will be back to shooting singles and doubles again and it will be hard to finish the big groups like we are just starting to see again. The big groups hate these things in the woods.:nono:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Im for them bringing it back. I think this question should be on the H.I.P. registration to get a true number of people in the poll. I dont like doing things old school I like new and easy I dont care what you say. Whatever gets me to the dinner after duck hunting sooner and with more ducks is fine with me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i am fjor them bringing them back but with certain times that you can use them like the last half or first half of the season. i hunt a lot on big open water and have a hard time getin the eyes of a duck and sometimes the mojo flaires duck especially late in the season

·
Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope these comments from the board make it to our commissioners! I have also seen other polls that are reflecting these same numbers. It appears to me that most are in favor of the ban. I say KEEP THEM BANNED!! :no:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Guys we can debate among ourselves all day. But, we ALL need to email our commissioners about our feeling towards the curssed mojo. And one piece of advice if you do so. Dont just tell em how stupid they are for bring em back tell them how ya feel and that you think it would be a poor decision to bring them back to our state. And dont call them the mojo some of the guys on the commission wont know to what you are reffering. They know it as the spinning wing decoys.

You can get all their email on the game and fish website.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Guys we can debate among ourselves all day. But, we ALL need to email our commissioners about our feeling towards the curssed mojo. And one piece of advice if you do so. Dont just tell em how stupid they are for bring em back tell them how ya feel and that you think it would be a poor decision to bring them back to our state. And dont call them the mojo some of the guys on the commission wont know to what you are reffering. They know it as the spinning wing decoys.

You can get all their email on the game and fish website.

E mail sent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.