Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookn for a good pair of glasses for fishing and all around use. I've had Oakley's and costas at one time or another. But I'm Lookn to buy some of good quality and not just buying the name and maybe a little cheaper anybody have any good suggestions

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've had umm and loved umm they now reside at the bottom of greers ferry. I was basically looking for something in the 50 to 100$ range

·
Administrator
40,986 Posts
I get mine in the fishing department at Wal Mart. Made by Berkley or Yum and they cost $5 a pair. I usually buy 2 or 3 pair at a time and keep em in my truck/boat.

Ive sat on, stepped on, and lost too way too many pairs of sunglasses over the years to pay any more than that. :wink:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had the Berkeleys and thier damn good for cheap glasses but seems like they scratch a lot easier idk maybe I'm just being picky

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yea... like its been said Id pony up for some Costa 580 glass. Ive got 2 pair in the 580 lens. Bought the 580 green lens 1st, then won the 580 blue in a fishing tourney. I wear the blue lens just about everyday rainy, sunny, cloudy.

But, you are looking for something a little less expensive... Im not sure what they run now-a-days, but WileyX is a newer brand, designed & backed for fishing. They used to be cheaper $75ish. They might have more cheaper & expensive options or models now... I dont know, but its worth looking into.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I've got a set of Liberty Biker shades with Nikon prescription lenses, polarized with anti-glare coating. Absolutely LOVE them. They are the most comfortable sunglasses I've ever worn, and they wrap around the face so your periphery is protected as well. The glasses alone are about $45 at Walmart vision center. Prescription lenses are quite a bit more, but the ones it came with are pretty decent. I doubt they compare to Costas, but they are pretty good. I can see fish in the water I can't without wearing the glasses anyway.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Also - might check out Cocoons... I havent looked at any glasses since getting my Costas, but Cocoons are/were a cheaper option.

I think they primarily make fit overs or cover glasses, but think they have regular glasses as well... mostly polarized.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Yeah I've had umm and loved umm they now reside at the bottom of greers ferry. I was basically looking for something in the 50 to 100$ range
I gotcha.......yeah it's tough to turn loose the money for a pair of Costa's. I had my last pair 7 years before I finally ran over them on accident.

Like stated above, I think bang for the buck would be the Wiley X brand or Killer Loop.:thumb:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found some I like but I'm not buying a pair on the internet without trying them on first. No of anywhere that keeps um in stock

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
go cheap lol I buy a couple pairs every summer from walmart or bass pro and by the end of summer I have lost every pair

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I get mine in the fishing department at Wal Mart. Made by Berkley or Yum and they cost $5 a pair. I usually buy 2 or 3 pair at a time and keep em in my truck/boat.

Ive sat on, stepped on, and lost too way too many pairs of sunglasses over the years to pay any more than that. :wink:
xxxx2

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Renegade at Academy. $7.99 they do scratch easy, but at that price, you can buy a ton of them for what Costa's cost. I have also had some ray bans that were pretty good for around $100.00.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
If you are not going with Costa's then Maui Jims and Wiley X are pretty good. I have also heard good things about Guidelines but have nevere used them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts