Polaris Fading

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by buck1, Feb 8, 2008.

1. buck1

buck1 Well-Known Member

Anyone ever had any trouble with the plastic vading on their polaris 4 wheelers. I've got a 2005 500 HO sportsman mossy oak, and it's under a lean too in my back yard and the part that's exsposed to the sun has turned a purple color. Really gripes my tail that you pay this much and this happens. I talked with a dealer and he said that it only has a 90 day warranty and that if you leave it in the sun that this will happen.:mad:

2. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

I had one that did the same thing. It's happens to all the camo polaris'. You might clean it up real good and soak it in tire foam. That will make it look better or you could do like me, keep it camo'd in mud. :thumb:

3. buck1

buck1 Well-Known Member

You would think they would make it good , who would keep buying this kind of junk

4. huntinfool

huntinfool Well-Known Member

thats why ya need to ditch the polaris get a honda.we never had luck with a polaris. they always tore up on us.with the paint job ur right if u pay that much money for a rig it should not only hold up mechanically but the paint job should last as well

5. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

If I had a dollar for everytime somebody wanted me to work on a polaris....I'd be deerhunting in Texas every year!:biggrin:

6. john I know what you mean ...........I think for know I will just stay out of any discussion on crappy polaris products. people buy them no matter how hard you try and guide them away........

7. big buck down

big buck down Member<br>2012 Photo Contest Winner

I am the unproud owner of a purple 700....as far as the ride and the power you can't beat it but it has to dang many parts on it....gonna get me a plain jane Honda before deer season :biggrin:

8. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :twothumbs

9. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Polaris recommends wiping them down with..........FURNITURE POLISH........to get it looking new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's what the owners maunual for my Ranger XP said anyway!!!!!!

10. Allstar

Some people hate Polaris'. I'm on my second one in 3 years. My last, the 2005 purple camo 500 HO had 10360 miles from 2 summers of work. Didn't have any problems till it hit the 7300 mile mark. Spent about $1600 on it last summer and traded off in Jan for a new 2008 OD green 500 HO and it only cost me $2600 including tax. :thumb: Thing you got to remember when you go to the dark side is......They just like a Dodge, you can only trade for another Dodge cause noboby wants em!:smack:

11. buck1

buck1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried this furniture polish thing , if so did it work.

12. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

I tried it on a coffee table, worked great.

13. thethrill

thethrill Well-Known Member

My experience with Polaris has been all great. They are excellent rigs.

14. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

If you spend $8000 on a 4 wheeler and you cant buy a $50 cover maybe you need to get your priorities straight. Anything is gonna fade in the sun. My suggestion, BUY A COVER!

15. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I use a lumber cover....it's the kind IP was using to package 8' studs like 4x4x8':thumb:

16. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

I've got my priorities straight. 4whlr and ski boat in the garage...cars in the driveway. :thumb: :smack:

17. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Haven't yet.....not had time to do the super good clean-up /shampoo on it yet...but am gonna try it!!! gotta get a tarp to cover it at the house...got one at camp, but not at home.......go figure!!!!!!!!

18. JAMIE J

JAMIE J Guest

I Have A Polaris 300 Explorer 4wd 2stroke And That Thing Smokes Like A Freight Train Does Anyone Know What Might Be Wrong With It

19. pointman

pointman Well-Known Member

Ditto for me, but I take care of my stuff.:up:

20. Allstar

Sounds like a broke ring..:eek: