Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be old news to y'all but I heard that next year that if you lease from Plum Creek (they sold a lot of their land in South Arkansas) that the new owners are gonna bid the leases off??? If they do that I bet Potlatch will be next...d2

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Its hard to say. Plum Creek sold / partnered a small portion of thier large tracts to the Campbell Group in south east Arkansas (Seattle based company I think). I did some looking online and looks like the Campbell group uses another company to do the leases and it looks like they do not do bids. I know a lot of Plum Creeks land is not large tracts so that would be a logistical nightmare if they started bidding each tract.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/68/68740/PCL_Southern_Timberland_JV_SuppMat.pdf

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple of the camps here at New Edinburg have gotten letters asking them if they want their lease money back and letting them know that next year they will have to bid on it. I hope your right...d2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.