Arkansas Hunting banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
20,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
All my wheat browned up a couple weeks ago. I thought it had died - maybe I had got some kind of bad seed. Was talking to a farmer yesterday and he said all the winter wheat in this area browned up. He said they were told it had been so warm in December and then got so cold, so quick - that the wheat had not become acclimated and that cold snap really knocked it back. It seems to be coming back around, now. Anyone see this before?
I noticed mine in a Dec browning on the tips bad and then just a off discolored yellow

·
Premium Member
29,427 Posts
Thank you....Do you lime before seeding?
I dont on my ground - my land has too much lime. Ph of 7.5. They actually mined lime here back in the 1930’s and 1940’s. Made cement here before that. Land grows cedar, persimmon, and honey locust.

But, if my land did need lime, I wouldnt worry about liming before planting. Lime takes awhile to make a difference. You could lime at same time as planning - just know it will take a few months to work.

·
Premium Member
33,528 Posts
I dont on my ground - my land has too much lime. Ph of 7.5. They actually mined lime here back in the 1930’s and 1940’s. Made cement here before that. Land grows cedar, persimmon, and honey locust.

But, if my land did need lime, I wouldnt worry about liming before planting. Lime takes awhile to make a difference. You could lime at same time as planning - just know it will take a few months to work.
As Always..Thank you....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Durana about $140 for 25 lbs. Crimson around $50 for 50 lbs. Patriot similar to Durana.
where are you buying your seed, only thing i can get in row crop area is “plot seed” with the high price deer on the side , $75 for 8 lbs, ive used it before (whitetail institute ) but man thats high and its sold by weight and the seed has a thick hydro coating on it so you really dont get 8 lbs of seed

·
Premium Member
29,427 Posts
where are you buying your seed, only thing i can get in row crop area is “plot seed” with the high price deer on the side , $75 for 8 lbs, ive used it before (whitetail institute ) but man thats high and its sold by weight and the seed has a thick hydro coating on it so you really dont get 8 lbs of seed
My local seed store in Asdown carries both durana and crimson. I know they sell durana by the lb if you dont want a 25 lb bag. Will order pretty much whatever I want

81 - 100 of 105 Posts