Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My go for a hunt in Zone 4A so looked up the regs. For limit it said:

"Seasonal Statewide Bag Limit: Six deer, no more than two legal bucks.
Zone Limit: Three deer, no more than two legal bucks. No more than two legal bucks or up to two does may be taken during muzzleloader and modern gun seasons combined.
Six deer, no more than two legal bucks. Three deer, no more than two legal bucks. No more than two legal bucks or up to two does may be taken during muzzleloader and modern gun seasons combined."

Which is it? Six deer or three deer? Plan on taking one but if opportunity presents itself, will take two.

·
Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<br>2
3,225 Posts
Some zones have 6 deer limits that's why it said statewide. That zone is a three deer zone. I'm in a tree and don't have the book in front of me but that's how I would interpret it.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Each deer zone in the state and most WMA which are considered zones to their selfs inside a zone have their own specific regs. The 6 deer limit is the total an individual hunter can statewide no matter what and by what method. In your case of Zone 4A the total allowed bag limit inside it is 3 deer taken per the allowed methods. If you went to another zone you could finish out your 6 deer statewide limit as long as only no more than 2 bucks are taken anywhere.

It is kinda strange the way it is right here where I hunt I can take my full limit of 6 if I desired to do so not a 1/4 mile from my cabin even though no zone in the area has over a 4 deer bag limit. Got my private land in zone 9, 4 deer. Got s WMA right beside me, 3 deer limit and a NWR with its own limit. And to add to this as a side bar, also in that same small area we also have 3 different set of Buck APR's to go by. Private zone 9, 3 point regs, WMA new spread/beam reg and on the NWR not APR at all.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Mississippi has 3 zones in the whole state, they do have limits but no tags. Public land, hunters can use a .45-70, .35 whelen, or a .444 mag during muzzle loader season but must be a single shot. Private land hunters can use a rifle while any gun season is open. And they are still considered over populated... I know that has nothing to do what's going on here but it just made me think about it while reading this

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Mississippi has 3 zones in the whole state, they do have limits but no tags. Public land, hunters can use a .45-70, .35 whelen, or a .444 mag during muzzle loader season but must be a single shot. Private land hunters can use a rifle while any gun season is open. And they are still considered over populated... I know that has nothing to do what's going on here but it just made me think about it while reading this
Like you don't want to hijack the mans tread but I think his question has been answered. But on you comment above. I have heard there is a strong push to adopt the above here in Arkansas. Especially the part about using any center fire rifle during muzzle loader season that was originally loaded in black powder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.