Plaques or Money?

Discussion in '3D & Archery' started by cookiearcher, Jan 6, 2011.

Plaques or money?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2011.
  1. Money

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. Plaques

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

In 3-d shoots in Arkansas most clubs award plaques for prizes. I was wondering whether some of y'all rather shoot for money payout to the top shooters.

2. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Make it easier on the club by not having to worry about making sure they the right trophies or plaques. Of course you would have to figure a fair percentage of the entry fee to use in the pay-back to make it worth it while making sure the club retained enough money to survive.

3. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

My trophies are boxed up somewhere. Just don't have a place for them. Plaques are better than trophis, but I still don'y want a pile of them. If I got my entry fee back and my lunch bought for a win I'd be happy. The little pins are kind of nice too, a little bling to show off, but don't take up a bunch of room at the house. The kid's need something they can show off even if the adults go to money shoots.

4. cookiearcher

The kids will always shoot for a trophy or plaque. I was just wondering what everybody thought about the adult classes. I'm getting ideas to draw more shooters.

5. cookiearcher

Of course with a money shoot it will probally have to be shotgun start, and all the adult shooters peer grouped to keep everbody honest. There's pros and cons to either, but my main goal is to draw more shooters.

6. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

and no scores posted until all shooters have their score cards turned in.

7. cookiearcher

8. rodneyroberts32

rodneyroberts32 Well-Known Member

class

Hey cookie, I was going to talk to Karen about adding another class that is just a fun class. They are doing it in a couple of clubs in Georgia. The cost is only like $5 to shoot you can shoot from any stake you want but no card is turned in and no award is givin in this class. Its more for the ones that dont want to be in the competition but do want to shoot. They have a quiet a few that shoot in it. As far as the Pay classes I like the small pins or the money pay out. Most that shoot in the higher classes dont care about a trophy or plack.
    Rodney

9. cookiearcher

At central you can shoot for fun but we require to carry a card as reciept that you paid.

10. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    I don't shoot 3D but do shoot gun matches. I have thrown away trophies and stacked plaques somewhere to be forgotten. I'm kinda like HFH, give me a little of that $$ back and I'll be happy.

11. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Well-Known Member

guys i had a good idea i thought at least! Along with those cash prizes you can have decals made for places! I know I would collect them on my bow case or all kinds of things! back glasses etc...... By the way they are cheap! buy in bulk and I know someone who owns a sign company that shoots all the arkansas 3d tournys! good deals!

12. cookiearcher

That's a good idea very inexpensive to get those would go good with cash prize.

13. ozark deerslayer

ozark deerslayer Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner

I shoot pro so I shoot for money anyways but.... with the price of gas and travel these days, a money payout might not be a bad idea. Even if the winner just gets 20 dollars, it would pay for their gas. The main reason I started shooting pro was to get lucky occasionally and help pay for my gas because my son and I generally shoot 50-70 tournies a year.

14. cookiearcher

Hey some of you guys that voted for plaques post up. I would like to hear from y'all.

15. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

To me a pin, plaque, or trophy is a memory of the event. I'm new to shooting so I only have one plaque, but I hear things can get a little crowded when you start placing consistently.I think I'd still rather have plaques or something at the larger shoots just to remember it. In our club, PBBH, we also keep track based on club member performance only at club shoots. Each club member has a plaque of their own and we just hand out the stick on badges when they place. Sort of like what most people use for an Employee of the Month award at businesses.

16. cookiearcher

Are you a officer a pbbh?