Arkansas Hunting banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Mine started with a bruised heel. It seems that karate , 90-120 minutes 3-4 times a week on hard floors can strain a foot some. The PF flared up about year 8, about 3 years ago for me, mostly left foot.
It seems that folks have to work out what works for themselves.
I stretch a lot in the morning, absolutley first thing after waking up (after reading the Bible), stretch that foot before it even touches the floor. I wear Dr. Scholls PF inserts in EVERY pair of shoe and boot I own, even gym shoes which are good New Balance shoes, work boots, motorsickle riding boots you name it. If (when) it flares up, I take a small cheap bottled water, freeze it solid, put it in an old sock and roll it under my foot. More than one doctor and deep-tissue massage person has recommended this. Mine is not not nearly so bad nowadays, seems to have peaked and is fading, very slowly.
I also believe that losing weight helps.
HTH a bit, Tommy

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I had it about 10 years ago and if I remember correctly, it took about 3-4 months to go away. I didn’t do anything special as far as treatment, just suffered through it until it finally went away. Getting out of the bed every morning was tough.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts