Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has had it, how long did it last, & did it just go away or did you do something to heal it?

I’m 2 weeks into this. Buddy says his lasted 3 months.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I’ve had it. It’s horrible. It will last at least a couple months more than likely. Get you a tennis ball and roll it around your arch as much as you can stand. Do this everyday.

·
Premium Member
15,250 Posts
I had it it was horrible. Lasted about 6 months for me. I rolled abound a coke can. Changing insoles made a huge difference too.

·
Registered
768 Posts
i had it off and on for years.

i got a good pair of shoes with support on the recommendation of a foot doc. [ if you must know they were new balance ]

then i got a set of 20 dollar supports off of one of the gyp joint catalogs like Dr leanords and they cured me.

they are solid plastic and very hard- soft ones are a waste. they hurt like heck for a month like walking on a walnut but worked. i wore them for a couple years but now i just put them in if i am going to be on my feet for a long time.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered a set of Dr Scholl’s Plantar Fasciitis insoles and a PF splint that forces your foot back at night. After I walked around in that thicket for 2 hours yesterday it was hard to hobble to the bathroom this morning. Only one foot so far
🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
I had it for nearly 2 years. Went to foot doctor for steroid shots. Went to chiropractor, bought at least 10 insoles for all my boots and shoes. I became quiet a expert on planter fasciitis. I almost had it surgery to have it cut it was that bad for me.
I bought every little gimmick thing out there to solve the issue, and nothing seemed to work until one day I decided to try this pad that has a rubber ball like pad that slips over your foot. Within 3 weeks it went away. I continued to wear it for at least 6 months after the pain went away and now I haven’t worn them for at least 6 months. Strutz makes the pad and the reviews are legit. They certainly worked for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,757 Posts
I had it several years ago. When you ride horses many miles a day...that can sure cause it. My doc said I could stop riding (not happening) or get a steroid shot in the bottom of my foot. I went with the shot (THAT was painful)...but that took care of it and I've not had it since despite many miles of riding.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You may be surprised at how effective this is. Like everything else, your mileage may vary. But grab a roll of ankle tape and give it a try, at least while you wait on insoles and Dr. appointments.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had it several years ago. When you ride horses many miles a day...that can sure cause it. My doc said I could stop riding (not happening) or get a steroid shot in the bottom of my foot. I went with the shot (THAT was painful)...but that took care of it and I've not had it since despite many miles of riding.
why does that cause it? Oddly enough GF & I were planning on a short ride tomorrow then kicking it up a notch with some longer rides next week.

·
Super Moderator
6,757 Posts
why does that cause it?
The way he explained it is that when you ride correctly with toe in the stirrup and heels down that puts strain on that fascia and can cause it. Do that for many miles riding in 2 point and you put even more weight on them.
Here's a pic that shows what I mean.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
5,129 Posts
I’ve been dealing with it off & on in varying degrees for past 7 months in my right foot.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I set on my feet a few times every day for 10 days and have not had a problem since. Get on your knees with your legs straight back and toes pointed back then sit down on em. Going hurt for a bit but you gotta stretch that foot.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have it in my right foot. Had it about 4 years now. I have the boot to wear at night, insoles, I’ve done the rolling on a frozen water bottle, I bought a foot massager off amazon, I have the pads that firehog posted and none of that has helped me. I guess I need to try the steroid shot.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I’ve had it on/off for a while. Lots of good input above. I’ll add this. Every morning when I get up a sit on the edge of the bed and put my feet on the floor gently. Gradually increasing pressure over about 30 seconds. I used to just jump up out of bed. This has proven to help mine not return.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
I had to adjust the way I sleep at night. If you sleep on your stomach and have your feet stretched, pointing down that is bad for them. Do the stretching in the morning that is recommended. Wear the best supportive tennis shoes money can buy. Not memory foam soles.
Boots, even with the added soles, can still delay the healing. Once I just wore tennis shoes and hung up the boots, I was healed in a few weeks. I did add the insoles for my boots when I went back to wearing them.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
5,129 Posts
I had to adjust the way I sleep at night. If you sleep on your stomach and have your feet stretched, pointing down that is bad for them. Do the stretching in the morning that is recommended. Wear the best supportive tennis shoes money can buy. Not memory foam soles.
Boots, even with the added soles, can still delay the healing. Once I just wore tennis shoes and hung up the boots, I was healed in a few weeks. I did add the insoles for my boots when I went back to wearing them.
What tennis shoes did you buy ?

·
Premium Member
19,033 Posts
BioFreeze..Have Diabetes, Arthritis and Neuropathy in my hands and Feet..Especially my feet..Have to watch them all the Time..Steroid shots,ect..

The Best for me every night and day ..

Biofreeze..Can't live without it......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts