Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Great looking plot! I see the Green Patch Plus up close in the picture. Are the Buck Forage Oats down on the other end of your plot? I'd like a peek at the oats, as I am considering planting them next year.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great looking plot! I see the Green Patch Plus up close in the picture. Are the Buck Forage Oats down on the other end of your plot? I'd like a peek at the oats, as I am considering planting them next year.
I didn't separate the two. The oats are all mixed in with the biologic. Actually the biologic has bob oats in it too. I just seeded the whole thing with both. You can see the oats if you look close.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would HIGHLY recommend Buck Forage oats. I had some extra after planting this plot and just threw some out in the yard without even breaking the ground up and they came up and are probably 6-7 inches tall. I figure any kind of oats will do the same thing but don't know for sure because I've never planted any other kind of oats but I will next year.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it looks real good, how good was the dirt, and what all is in there. i planted austrian oats mixed w/ pennington clover.
Thanks. It has Biologic Green Patch Plus and Buck Forage Oats. The Biologic has wheat, bob oats, turnips and clover in it. The clovers in my plot aren't real thick like the oats and wheat but overall I'm pleased with it.
The ph on my soil was 4.7 before i limed it. Haven't tested it since.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.