Photo posting

Discussion in 'Forum, Software, and Computer Help' started by clawmute, Jul 12, 2017.

1. clawmute

clawmute Well-Known Member

I see that photo bucket which I've used for years to post photos, no longer allows third party postings. That is to retrieve photo IMG links and post them to third party sites such as AHN.

What are the alternatives for being able to post "visible" photos? FLICKR I can use but no photo is visible and you must click the link in order to see them.

Hope I've made myself clear. I've looked at other photo hosting sites but most are by paid subscription. Is there a site that has the direct IMG links without cost. There may be another way but I am ignorant of it.

One site I visit will directly accept photos from your gallery without the necessity of online storing/link retrieval.

2. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

Still works for me. Just now tried it. Clicked share, then there was an option for links.

[​IMG]

3. Austin

Austin Administrator

I ask you upload the pics directly using the upload a file button. It assures the images will be here as long as the site is up.

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    You have the option to directly attach pictures from your computer. When you reply to a message one of the icons says "Image" when you put your cursor over it. It's just to the right of the emoji icon. You have the option to upload it as a thumbnail or a full size image. No hosting service required.

Austin likes this.
  5. 1928

1928 Well-Known Member

I can't see pictures today. Screenshot_20170712-101027.png

6. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

I can see the pic on my IPhone and on my computer. Am I the only one that can see it?

7. QuailRidge

QuailRidge Well-Known Member

I see it.

8. 1928

1928 Well-Known Member

I can see it now. Earlier all I could see was a grey box.

9. clawmute

[​IMG]

Test only. In the edit mode I see another image telling me to upgrade to a paid subscription. Weird. On some other sites the photo will not post only the notice image. Surely someone else on photobucket has experienced this.

10. Austin

Austin Administrator

Those are probably photobucket which has now stopped third party hosting without a subscription. If you see a missing image please post the URL of where it can be found so I can look into it further.

Austin

11. clawmute

[​IMG]

I tried to post an image on another part of this site and get this bogus image...no matter what you do. So photobucket is nyet,nix,and nada. I'll just use Flickr even though you can't see the image without clicking on it.

12. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Like was said above, if you upload directly from your computer or device you don't have to worry about 2nd party hosting sites that may in the future do the same thing as photobucket.

13. Austin

Austin Administrator

Please please please just upload them directly to the site. As long as our servers are up the photo will remain.

14. clawmute

When I post guys I see the film icon for pasting a link but no camera. Do I upload to an album first then to the post from the album? The prompt for a url is all I see when hitting the picture icon...(scratches head)

OK got it. I was looking at previous instructions before site upgrade. So long photobucket.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017 at 12:25 AM
  15. Austin

Austin Administrator

Use the upload a file button located towards the bottom right of the post response box.

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll grab you a screenshot.

Austin

16. clawmute

Thanks boys! I've come a long way from drawing parietal art on cave walls with a piece of charcoal. I'm doing good! No more petroglyphs for me.

17. Austin

Austin Administrator

Did you learn how to upload them directly to the forum @clawmute?

18. clawmute

Yeah. No problem. I see other sites with similar format but no ability to upload your own photos.

19. Austin

Austin Administrator

You don't mean any of our forums do you?

20. stingerslinger

stingerslinger Well-Known Member

napping 7x5 240.JPG