Petrino to A-State?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joe blow, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Joe blow

Joe blow Well-Known Member

Rumors that Petrino contacted ASU today about the coaching job. What's your opinion on the matter?

2. ASU would still have a better coach than UA.

3. dspeakes

dspeakes Grand Member<br> 2006 Spring Turkey Team Contest W

Rumors that he was on campus today.

4. Joe blow

I don't think he was on campus but after the rumors started the AD got a plane and left and they won't say where he went.

5. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

Awesome, i can't wait to hear more stupid rumors about coaches that are not going to ever go to a sunbelt team.

6. ishootducks

ishootducks Well-Known Member

Petrino has contacted ASU. He was not on campus today. A.D. Was in Mobile all day today at Go Daddy Bowl promotional festivities.

7. Joe blow

Yea. Just like the stupid rumors last year that said Malzahn was going to a sun belt team.

8. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

it is not gonna be petrino,

it is gonna be Gruden. :fit:

9. steve72444

steve72444 Well-Known Member

I heard through a good source at the Chevy dealer in Jonesboro that ASU had just bought 2 used Yugo's for the new couch and his wife. I'm not supposed to say anything but...........my source said it was John L Smith........

10. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

Supposedly, Bobby Petrino contacted ASU about the coaching vacancy. He offered to agree to a multi-million dollar buyout clause and strict morality clauses for a three year contract. He is wanting to rebuild his reputation at a mid-major college with hopes of eventually making it back to the level of the BCS schools.

With the right contract stipulations, it might be workable. Who knows. A coaching search is a three-ring circus, anyway.

11. ASU could land BP it would be the coup of the football century.

He is a flawed man.... but a football genius.

12. Joe blow

I can see it now. Bobby riding the Harley out of the tunnel with a blonde headed howl on the back leading the team onto the field. Lol. In all honesty it wouldn't be a bad job for bobby. Malzahn would have made over a million this year if he stayed. The players that are there would fit Bobby's offense and they are 19-5 in the last two years.

13. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

14. newton29

newton29 Well-Known Member

NWA
    I can forgive him, but I would not hire him to work for ME.

15. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

His taste in women will have to change, we don't even have 6'4 girls on our basketball team.......

16. DODGEMAN

DODGEMAN Well-Known Member

I'm all for it DA, first you know he would be on his best behavior for the first year which would be as long as he would be here. He is a great coach and he could recruit like crazy at ASU, and the school would get lots of national press for the school.

I would hire him in a heart beat.

17. Lets reword that..... he needs to fix some things about his leadership strategy.

18. DODGEMAN

DODGEMAN Well-Known Member

UofA is still pissed he didn't make that curve with the prostitute. lol