Petrino signs new contract

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by firecat, Dec 13, 2010.

1. firecat

firecat Well-Known Member

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino agreed to a new seven-year contract Saturday through the 2017 season.
    The contract comes amid speculation that Petrino was a potential candidate for the Florida opening after Urban Meyer resigned Wednesday.
    The deal will increase Petrino's average annual salary to $3.56 million, a raise from $2.7 million under his previous contract. It also expands his current noncompete clause to all Southeastern Conference schools rather than just SEC West.
    Petrino is 23-14 in three seasons at Arkansas, improving from 5-7 his first season to 10-2 this year. The No. 8 Razorbacks will face Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 4, the school's first BCS bowl game.
    :clap::clap::clap::thumb:

2. I'm glad they signed him but dang is anybody really worth that kind of money?? Looks like there will be another jump in ticket prices in the near future..

3. kendract

kendract Well-Known Member

Wh...what???....Can I have some of that?

4. firecat

firecat Well-Known Member

hey thats only 86 thousand dollar raise---mere road change:cool: and the BCS bowl pays hogs what?

5. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Did you figure that right? Looks like nearly a $1,000,000 raise to me. :head:

6. Left out a zero there firecat.. $860,000.00 raise..

7. xrayguy

xrayguy Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

:thumb: glad he is here to stay for awhile.....headed in the right direction!

8. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    The buyouts are what are amazing to me. I heard he suggested that it be that big but even if he didnt, he still had to agree to it, which ought to show he's pretty happy where he's at and that he must be pretty confident that he win there. :up:

9. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

The buyout amount is the most amazing part of this, it shows commitment from both the U of A and Petrino.

I wondered why this incredible buyout clause hasn't gotten a lot of press, then a co-worker reminded me that ESPN's biggest advertiser is Home Depot, and some of the same folks that own HD also own the Atlanta Falcons...:eek:

Bobby ain't never gonna get no love from the major sports networks!

10. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Well-Known Member

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/s_713434.html

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino agreed to a new seven-year deal yesterday that will keep him under contract through the 2017 season.
    The agreement increases Petrino's average annual salary to $3.56 million, a raise from $2.7 million under his previous contract, which had four years remaining. It also expands his noncompete clause to all SEC schools instead of just the SEC West.
    Petrino is 23-14 in three seasons at Arkansas. The No. 8 Razorbacks (10-2) face Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 4, the school's first BCS bowl game.

The contract also includes an $18 million mutual buyout clause in 2011 and 2012 should the university fire Petrino or he leave the school

11. hunter_3780

hunter_3780 Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner

and now maybe mallet will stay one more year for him. :pray:

12. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

...Like I said, Bobby ain't going nowhere! :clap:

13. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Well-Known Member

$18 Million says, He ain't going anywhere...