Petit Jean meats

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by JR, Jan 10, 2011.

1. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

Has anyone ever tried the summer sausage made by Petit Jean meats? My family and me love it. They have a regular ss and one that is made with jalapeno and cheese, it is by far my favorite of the two.

2. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

Thats about the only store bought brand I will eat.

3. fairweatherhunter

fairweatherhunter Well-Known Member

Petit Jean has really good products, you just have to take out a loan to buy them.:smack:

4. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

Petit Jean peppered bacon is the best ever ! :up:

5. webbtoes

webbtoes Well-Known Member

Dang, you had to go and bring that up:smack:. Now I m going to go and find some.

6. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I've never had their summer sausage, but I have had their peppered bacon and it is freaking awesome!!

7. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

Their bacon is good but expensive.

8. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

You say that like there's something other than Petit Jean. :head:

:biggrin:

9. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

Well I've heard through the rumor mill that there are a few others, but I cannot confirm or deny this. :biggrin:

10. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

We usually have plenty of logs from kruse meat market of both regular and jalapeno cheddar summer sausage after deer season. Never tried the Petit Jean brand.

11. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

I had a friend give me a stick of summer sausage made with deer and jalapeno from some place in Wynne, and it was very good also. It was a deer processing place is all I know.

12. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I regularly buy their bacon. It is the best I can get where I live. Not any better than Razorback brand but we don't have that here anymore.

13. arbowhntr

arbowhntr Well-Known Member

We had some for lunch on sandwiches!:biggrin:

14. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

now the peppered bacon, I can def. agree on that one! Good stuff!

15. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

I love the stuff but it is hard for me to pay the extremely high prices.

16. hotrod98

hotrod98 Well-Known Member

I don't know that I've ever had anything from petit jean that i didn't like :)

the locker plant in Cabot makes some darn good deer summer sausage.

17. Lhazc

Lhazc Well-Known Member

at my wifes work they give out a petit jean gift box the last several years at Christmas, peppered bacon,regular bacon,summer sausage, and some smoked sausages, good stuff, the peppered bacon is my favorite :biggrin:

18. demented

demented Well-Known Member

How do you get to the Kruse meat market? Is it located off the 118 exit in Benton?

19. 2dogs

2dogs Well-Known Member

I am fortunate, in the fact, that I have grown up on PJ meats. It has been a staple in my house ever since I was a little boy. I dont think the price is too much. You get what you pay for. The Ruff family provides the same quality today as they did years and years ago.

I dont know how I could work it out logistically, but every year they have a fund raiser for a school and offer their products a very low price. I have about 20 folks I get orders from at work. The normal time frame is right after Thanksgiving. They have a pick up price and a mail out price. If anyone is ever interested I would be willing to post something on here for it. It would have to be the mailout price unless you could meet in NLR the day I deliver the product to the guys at work.

I am not blogging this to raise money and I dont buy any groceries, but everyone that places an order with me tells me it is much cheaper than buying it on your own. They havent raised their prices on the fund raiser check sheet in over 3 or 4 years.

20. ARGROUNDSWATTER

ARGROUNDSWATTER Well-Known Member

Bought me a 1 pound package of Petit Jean ham today.:thumb:
    I like the hot dogs too.