Perry County homes?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by jjarvis0007, Jan 3, 2011.

1. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

My wife and I are looking to buy our first home with at least 5 acres in or around Perry County. Wouldn't mind the Roland area either. Does anyone on here no someone or a company that sells homes in these areas. Also was wondering about schools for our kids and how they are. Trying to stay within 30 minutes of Little Rock. Thanks

2. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

We looked for 3 years and decided to build. How much are you wanting to spend?

3. jjarvis0007

No more then $150000.

4. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Our house and land will be less than that, 3.25 acres 2100 living with 400sft storage and 520sft garage. There are some 5 acre spots across the hwy from us with nice building spots. Seriously the housing market for what you would want is definately a sellers market. Pretty much someone has to die for you to find a nice place around here. That's why we're building.

5. Selfbow

Selfbow ...

I lived there for 4 years and looked the entire time. Nothing!
    You better be ready to buy land and build and good luck finding land for sale. Those folks up there don't turn loose of land very often.
    You will find more in the Roland area, but the closer you get to LR, the more $$$$$ you have to spend.

Good luck!

6. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

There are a few 2 and 3 acre lots around us.

7. jjarvis0007

Less then 150000!?! Now that's what I'm talking about! Most of my business is in little rock so I'd like to stay within 30 minutes of Little Rock. I'm trying to find the pics of your home John to show my wife. She's definitely likes the idea of building a home.

8. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

That is with me doing quite a bit of the inside and outside work. I cleared the lot. I sheathed (sp) the house, all the electrical and plumbing, flooring, cabinets and fixtures. We are hiring all the drywall work, and heat and air. I may hire someone to do the trim on the stairway. I haven’t decided yet. I also contracted it all myself.

9. I might be able to help. I will send you a PM with some information.

10. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Jarvis I sell real estate and I'm gonna tell you,you're gonna have hard time finding a home on 3-5 acres for that price range. I know of one in Little Italy that might fit the bill. If you'd like P.M me your phone number and I'll see what I can do for you.

11. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

I hope you guys find something you like. As far as schools, if you end up on the east end of the county, Bigelow Schools (East End School District) are top notch. My little girl attends the elementary school, and my wife is the high school counselor.

Good luck with your search.