Pendulum sights

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by woodsnwater, Dec 23, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I use to shoot with a pendulum sights. The old Cobra that was made from brass. I purchased a pendulum sight that was perfect. Matched the camo of my bow. Couldn't use them due to short riser. Does anyone use pendulum anymore? If so have you ever had this problem? I am looking at Impact Bravo Pendulum sight. If it's anything like the scope type I have, it is definite very bright..Any thoughts?

Thanks
    wnw

2. I used to use the old cobra that you speak of. Honestly I did not it that much. I switched to spott hogg and have not looked back. BUT everyone likes different stuff. My wife is looking into getting one for her bow. So I am about to start looking at them again. Who knows I may try one out.

3. woodsnwater

Well, the past few years I have to wear my glasses when I practice and hunt. It has made it more harder to judge distance. I can sit in my stand and look at an object and say it is 25 yards, but through my glasses it looks 15 yards. That's why I am wanting to get a pendulum. I just figure others may had one they were using give me an outlook

4. SKEETER

SKEETER Well-Known Member

NE AR
    I have shot about every pendulum out there, out of all of them the predator 4 was the most accurate the the most quiet of them all. It doesnt have the best fiber optics nor does it look the best of your bow, but it is the best at doing what it is supposed to do. Not many of them have a short range set screw, the ones that dont will not be accurate shooting up at close range inside 10 yds. I had a VBG camel back on a slider bracket, if that sight had a short range set screw it would be very good.

5. woodsnwater

Predator 4? Who makes it? It seems I have heard of this.

6. x2 I want to look into this for the wife and myself if they've changed for the better since I last used one.

7. SKEETER

NE AR

http://www.predatoriv.com/predatorIV.html

this one was the most accurate one that i ever shot. It was a pretty deadly set up. I was shooting it in combination with an anchor site without a peep. I started hunting back in the hills and took it off.

8. cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve Select Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winne

Been curious about them for a long time now. Think it would be perfect for the wife now that it's been mentioned.

9. just ordered it for the wife about ten minutes ago.

10. woodsnwater

WOW..You waste no time:thumb:.... I am gonna wait til the Spring. I got few other things to get. Let me know how you like it.

11. woodsnwater

Now I used them ( not this model ) when I first started bowhunting. Just anchor,shoot and bulls eye.. Takes guess work out of it. I still got my 1st two pendulum. Both are Cobra... 1 is lighted and the other is plain. Should have done this a long time ago.

12. SKEETER

NE AR

When I had it set up on my allegiance shooting about 280 it was spot on the dot from straight down out to about 32 yds. no worrys about holding a little low or high. I really liked it. Just range that circle and wait for something to dare come in it. I would like to see a little more streamlined version with a brighter pin, but its a good sight.

The ABC Pivotal sight is a very good concept as well, with a further range, but its complicated to sight in and it was nosier than the predator.

13. Dixie_Rebel_Z71

Dixie_Rebel_Z71 Well-Known Member

I have always wondered about these sights. If you sight them in on the ground are they still on in a tree? My girlfriend has a heck of a time judgein distance.

14. woodsnwater

Last one I bought instructions said lock sight in and sight in at 20 yards ( on ground ) then should be good in the stand as it pivots. Which you may have to do a little adjusting. This is depending on bow speed though. I do good without glasses, but when I put them on everything looks closer. I still practice wearing glasses even. It really takes guess work out of it.

15. davglo35

davglo35 Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi

I use an Impact Bravo and I really like it. It is trouble free and has a good fiber optic pin. You can sight in my bow at 24 yards and it's dead on in the tree out to about 30. And it is on at distances under 10 yards. It takes just one more thing to worry about out of the equation when a deer is working it's way into your setup. Impacts customer service is also second to none. I also have a Spike pendelum that is just as good but they don't make em anymore.