Pendulum sight advice

Discussion in '3D & Archery' started by crogers7, May 21, 2020.

1. crogers7

crogers7 Active Member

Alright so I shot a pendulum sight for a few years and liked it, I've since went back to a 3 pin sight. I've considered going back to a pendulum but I plan on going to a much heavier arrow setup this season. Before I could always shoot accurately out to around 35 yards with not much arrow drop. If I decided to go back to a pendulum will I still be able to do this with a heavier arrow?

2. Black Feather

Black Feather Well-Known Member

If you’re using one like the Keller design you should be fine. They have 3 mounting options. A(slow arrow), B (medium speed), C (fast). It will work as advertised with pretty much any setup. I assume you’re familiar with the benefits and hinderances of the pendulum setup. Do keeping those things in mind you should be fine. Also look at the EZ V sight. Another simple but yet apparently effective design based on reviews. I’m not a fan of either but that’s just my preference.

3. crogers7

crogers7 Active Member

I honestly couldn't tell you. The one I have is a newer tru glo.

4. Black Feather

Black Feather Well-Known Member

I’m certain that it will work. Arrow trajectory on light vs heavy hunting setups differ less than most would think within 35 yards.