Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing a small tournament amongst friends this weekend- will be about 14 of us. Going out of Pendleton- ive fished down there before, so know my way around, just looking for any local advice anybody's willing to give up. PM if you want- some of my competitors are probably reading this too.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Been tough from what I hear lately which is expected with the water like it's been. I'll be making my first trip of the year there Saturday as well. Don't have any info to pass along but back water should be the key if I had to guess. Good luck

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Fishing a small tournament amongst friends this weekend- will be about 14 of us. Going out of Pendleton- ive fished down there before, so know my way around, just looking for any local advice anybody's willing to give up. PM if you want- some of my competitors are probably reading this too.
Well how did yal do? I just got back and only caught six. Pretty good quality with the biggest around 3 and the other five were all around 2. Would have been happy with my five biggest. Water still stained pretty good and probably won't get much better with the rain we have coming

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was tough- we caught three keepers in a day and a half fishing. One on a chatterbait and other two on worms. Caught a few other short ones. Fished every backwater but Merrisach, nothing doing. Threw the whole tackle box at em too. There was seven boats in our group, tough bite for everybody. Big bass was around 3 lb.

Gators were thick though.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I probably saw a couple of yal, I was in a black aluminum crestliner with a 115 merc on it. I ran into some back water across from the camp sites and there were two other boats in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.