Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been thing about buying a .177 pellet gun for playing around with. I want something that accurate and consistent and QUITE! No CO2 cartridge guns. Something less than $200. Any suggestions from those of you that have one would be appreciated. Gamo? Crossman? Benjamin?

·
Premium Member
14,994 Posts
I just bought a cheap Hatsan .177. It's quiet enough I suppose but it isn't "quiet." I've shot it several times this week and no cops called yet.

Having not shot an airgun since I was probably 16 or so, I was blown away by the power. It ain't a kids toy for sure.

·
Premium Member
14,994 Posts
Oh, and it'll shoot minute of cat at 25 yds. Anxious to see what accuracy I can get with better pellets. But at MOC at 25, it'll perform the job it was purchased for.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I bought a Gamo. Pretty impressed with it. 22 caliber. Waiting for a real still day without wind. The Ruger pointed pellets shot like a shotgun. Crossman and Gamo pellets shows a lot of potential. But the scope that came with it is gonna get replaced.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
On these spring powered guns and gas pistons....

Make sure you get an airgun rated scope....sounds dumb but I've ruined a couple 100 dollar rifle scopes with a 177....
This is all new to me. Do you have any recommendations for an air rifle scope?

·
Premium Member
14,994 Posts
HAWKE is a great scope. Little known brand but some good glass. I have one on a Ruger 10/22 custom build.

It's made for an airgun but I've found it to be really good on the .22.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Got a game bone collector swarm 2 in .22.
I’ve put about 75 rounds thru it and getting nickel size groups at 25 yds. It’s not super quite but no complaints. Took out a Dillo at 30 yds. I’ve been very impressed. The scope that came with it will be replaced as soon as I get time to research and order one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts