My BNL in Florida swears by it.

He will take a Peanut-Butter jar lid and tack it to a tree
about waist high with a couple or three roofing tacks
then screw the jar on and cut the bottom out with his
pocket knife.

The deer will lick it completely clean, I mean like it had been
put through a dishwasher.

He says they will hit it and stay with it until it is gone before
getting into the corn from his timed feeders.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I started using peanut butter a few years ago in addition to corn, salt, and sometimes deer co-cain. Yes, the critters love peanut butter. The jars are clean as a whistle when they get done. I put a jar on the side of my corn feeder a couple weeks ago and left the lid on it just to see what would happen. The label has several torn areas but I was thinking the plastic jar would have been ripped open.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Our lease bought four 55 gl. drums of peanut butter (crunchy MMMM) from somewhere along with a 55 gl. drum of corn syrup that got threw in extra. I have had it out and the deer and coons have been demolishing it. The deer eat it normal but the coons will make the whole area look like a group of hogs are rootin it up.

·
Super Moderator
9,914 Posts
I've personally seen deer eat out of a peanut butter jar...

Get a plastic peanut butter jar, cheap brand...take the cap off and put two screws in the bottom side of the cap directly into the tree...

Cut the bottom out of the plastic jar...

Screw the other open end into the cap that is screwed into the tree...

Automatic deer attractant.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I tried PB a few years ago and the pics I got were of about 6 coons absolutely fighting over it I never once got a picture of a deer in it.
could you post a pic I love a good fight :biggrin:

I have mixed PB in with some oats and soaked some corn in maple syrup for a week then mixed it all up but have not put it out yet will let you know :biggrin: I am trying to get away from store bough junk just experimenting hope to get some coon fighting pics :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.