Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
The only pay lake I know of is peckerwood. Which is way south of you. Take em to lake Conway or I am sure you could still find a bank off the current on the AR River. Heck their is a spot in burns park you could take em too as well. In the skiing lake or next to it there is some back water. I have caught catfish, gar, soft shelled turtle, crappie, bass and even an eel. All right there in that area.
Don't know of anything up around Searcy though. Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
16,738 Posts
Have you tried this?
They have catfish stocked that are tagged just for the kids...
Searcy City Lake
District Information
This is a Family and Community Fishing Program pond and receives regular stockings. Click here for more information on the AGFC's Family and Community Fishing Program.
Area Specific Regulations

Open to fishing with rod or pole only.
Largemouth bass must be released immediately.
Catfish daily limit is three.
Bream daily limit is 25.
Open to electric trolling motors only.
http://www.agfc.com/fishing/Pages/FishingProgramsFCFStock.aspx

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Little Red out east/south of Searcy.

In conway, the pond where the baseball fields are at-used to be the fairgrounds. That pond is plum full of eatin' size catfish. And I heard there was some trout in there too but I figure they're probably done with the heat we've been having. To my knowledge, that pond is free to fish for the kids.

Also the pond over at Westlake Apartments in conway is full of catfish.

Toad suck-on the east (Faulkner) side is out of the current and people have been catching some cats on livers and stinkbait.

What about the lake at Bald Knob? Also, how about lake barnett?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.