Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost 3 of my pups, it looks like parvo. I know this has been talked about here before, I will need to run a search.

I have been giving them pedealyte(sp). I moved them to another pen.

I hope I can save them.

·
Administrator
15,003 Posts
Good luck with it.

There's a beagle site called The American Beagler that has a forum about dog heatlh with some of the best information Ive found on doctorin' dogs. You could probably look it up in Google then search for parvo and maybe find some help.

Good luck with it.

Ive been very lucky with it so far (knock on wood).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Did you give your pups the 7(?) in 1 shots early and then follow up two weeks later? Years ago when i was a kid i lost alot of pups to parvo. Never gave the shots on time like i was supposed to. Get yourself a sprayer and spray everything in the area down with some strong bleach water. Good luck. TD

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are all gone.

I was cleaning the Kennel and I found alot of worms. I had de-wormed them the day before they got sick.

Is it possible that they had worms and the de-wormer was too much for them?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Parvo

If your dogs have Parvo I've found the best think ever to save them is a produce called Parvoguard. You can do a search for Parvoguard and find the information. It is sold by Ditto's Inc. I had pups last year that weren't even picking up their heads any more. Had the produce overnighted and gave it as soon as I got it and again 3 hours later. When I went to give them the third dose 3 hours later they were up. By the time for the 4th dose they were eating. Best kept secret yet.

Good luck with the pups!!

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.