Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah some people just don't care about others until they find where someone hooked a chain up to their trailer or truck and dragged them out of the way. I was there a week ago and you couldn't even use the second smaller ramp for the camper and 6 trucks parked around it.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Ha. I got there at 7. It does grind my gears when folks pull straight in front of the little ramp. There ain't enough room for that nonsense. Or yesterday morning when I watched a guy take 7 mins to back his boat in while his three compadres "gave instruction".

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ha. Or yesterday morning when I watched a guy take 7 mins to back his boat in while his three compadres "gave instruction".
You know if "I'm" already in the water or not in a big hurry to get on the water, I set and just watch and laugh my butt off at these types.. It really is a comedy show that a lot of folks would pay good money to see if it wasn't so early !!!

A few years ago I seen three guys pull up to the ramp and two got out to give directions to get the boat into the water..

After over five minutes, and a lot of cussing the driver jumps out and runs up to one of the guys giving directions cussing him like crazy. The direction giver knocked the fire out of the driver.

Then the other direction giver ran over to him and started hitting him... Within seconds all three was on the ground, swinging away !!!

This all took place while I was eating my sausage, egg & biscuit, drinking my coffee... After a good three or four minutes another hunter pulls up and runs up and breaks them up...

It turned out that all were brothers even the guy who tried to break it up.. It was something that I wish I had a recorder and had recorded it to send to "Funniest Video's"

Now, the catch line... Since they were all brothers, they were so tired, exhausted, and embarrassed that I was watching this take place.... THEY loaded up and called the hunt off...

Said they were going home,,,, In different vehicles than they arrived !!!

:fit: :fit: :fit:

·
Registered
31,138 Posts
I for the life of me can't figure out what is so hard about backing a boat into the water. I just don't get it. There's nothing complicated about it.

Also don't understand why it's so hard for people to realize why they shouldn't wait until they get backed down the ramp to get all their stuff in the boat. From the time whoever is backing me gets in the truck and backs me in to the time I'm off the trailer and out of the way is less than a minute for sure, and most likely less than 30 seconds. Just dumbfounding really why it is so hard for folks.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
OFD I've got a buddy that has a CDL and can't back a trailer for to save his life, at least not in a hurry. I asked him after a couple of times backing me in how in the hell did he get a CDL. He trips me out, actual belly laughing in the boat. But I'm with you, I don't understand why it's so hard, my son has been backing trailers since he was about 14.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I can back up a boat trailer forever as long as I can see out the back glass. Force me to use mirrors and I can do it but I have to really take my time.
I figure it was from learning to drive on a tractor ( no mirrors ) backing hay trailers into the barn.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I have taught many people how to back trailers up this way. Grab the steering wheel at the bottom with you palms facing the floor and your knuckles up. Whichever way your hand moves is the direction the trailer is going to go.

On the other hand, if you park in the way of the ramp in a way which prevents me from getting my boat in....I will pick your trailer up and jack knife it out of the way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.