panic buying has started

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by sam, Dec 17, 2012.

1. sam

sam Grand Member

I went to town this morning and went and got a hair cut at my barber whose shop is a barber/gun/pawn shop. Of course we we're talking about all the talk of more gun control and such. He said he'd called all his distributors this morning to get a few more AR type rifles in and all were sold out and had so many back orders they wouldn't give him a shipping date. Later I went by Wal-Mart and while I was in sporting goods 2 folks were buying ARs and when I asked about .223 shells and got laughed at by the clerk. I was in the same store last Tuesday and they had a whole shelf of .223 shells. The panic buying has started.

2. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Gun shop that I know of in Memphis area had it's biggest day ever last Saturday.

3. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

I gotta say, a Barber, Gun pawn shop is cool..

I want to go there.. :thumb:

4. biggameted

biggameted Well-Known Member

I went to Fort Thompsons today and it was two deep at the gun counter.

5. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Academy In J'boro was at least two deep at the gun counter... and a line on the black rifle end!!!!

Mag aisle still had some gear..... but folks were snapping things up by arm loads. Literally.....

Sad that it comes to this........

6. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

At least 40ppl in and waiting at Bullseye Guns and Ammo.

7. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

Not gonna lie, I dropped by Walmart on the way to work and dropped about $200 on ammo. Wasnt much left

8. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it may not just be panic buying this time around.

9. mhr7

mhr7 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to do, I do not own a AR but I have always wanted one. I'm afraid they are gone after the shooting that occurred the other day. I will not give up the guns I already own but I don't think I'm gonna run out and drop a grand on a AR cause I don't thing they will be with us much longer.

10. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

My advise, buy a used one and put it away. Far away for now.

11. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

i doubt anyone is gonna come around collecting guns. They may try to eliminate new sales of high capacity mags, reinstate waiting periods, etc. but IMO they aren't gonna come knocking door to door. I think that is a little extreme and they know it would result in a lot of chaos

12. thompson

thompson Well-Known Member

Arkansas
    Agree.

13. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Agreed, that's why the buying is crazy right now, this could be the last time ever that you can legally buy an Ar-15, SKS, etc, style rifle.

14. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

15. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

If they start #2 what is there that we can REALLY do? Nothing.

16. Mr BS

Mr BS Well-Known Member

My brother said they sold $90,000 worth of AR's in 6 hours yesterday. All they have left is a few high end ones.

17. Ekspurt

Ekspurt Well-Known Member

I was searching various web sites looking for ammo and/or components today and, while there is still plenty of higher end ammo, the cheap stuff like TulAmmo, Parvi, S&B, Eagle Arms, et. al., along with the cheaper Lake City, Remington and Winchester bulk bullets are all sold out.

18. I thought you lived in Sheridan.

19. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Ozark armory in Springdale sold over 100 guns on Saturday. A LOT of them were ARs. I went buy today and in 20 they sold 3. It was a mad house, you could barely move around in the AR section.