Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
yes it does depreciate the value of it. It is no longer "all original" and in the 29yrs ive been in the marine industry...(60+ yrs of my family) people get an image in their head and its stuck in there. Camo motor,....."ahh those ole duck hunters been running it through the mud, timber, sticks and whatever else. mustve ragged that ole thing out and time for a new one" mentality

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about just painting the shaft? I have a Yamaha and want to pain the shaft black, currently I use a camo cloth motor cover for the cowling.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I think it depends. If the motor looks really nice with no corrosion or scratches, dont paint it. If it looks really nappy a nice camo job with new decals can make them look really nice.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I would gladly pay more for one painted. We are painting one now. There is nothing like a shinny bright motor in the woods. See them all the time. Guess what, so do those shy ducks. :whistle:

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
I would also say it depreciates the value, BUT there are a few manufactures out there that are sending their motors out camo'd. I would pay any less for a camo motor vs a non-camo motor...its going to get camo'd anyways..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts