Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking for anyone’s honey hole but I’ve never hunted anything out of Arkansas. Was supposed to go to Tennessee for the first week of season but got a phone call to go to Georgia for work as I was loading the truck to leave. Hoping to be back home middle of next week and thinking about heading to Oklahoma or Tennessee for a couple days before season starts here. Also thought about going to Missouri after a couple days of our season. Which state whether it be one of those 3 or a different one would y’all that have been recommend? I don’t mind a bit putting in the miles and time to find the birds just trying to get headed in the right direction.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that about half way out here or I would of brought my stuff. I guess I was irritated from my Tennessee trip getting messed up and didn’t even think about it

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have traveled quite a bit in MO and OK in the last year. From the truck while driving... I’ve seen way more birds in MO if that helps

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s a dang shame a guy can’t even ask advice anymore in the world of hunting without everyone flipping out. Ain’t ever bashed an out of stater myself and don’t plan to. I don’t blame anyone that’s respectful about doing so wanting to hunt new places but can’t even get an opinion on a state without a bunch of smartass remarks. I can see people not giving zones or wma’s or something like that away and as stated in original post wasn’t asking for that just a recommendation on a state to go put the time and effort in to making the trip worth it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If that was “flipping out”, then you’re probably about to be shocked with the responses to that post.

All the information you could ever want about any state with turkeys is out there if you do a little digging. There’s no need to make it easier for anyone else to find the same information that you can come across in 30 minutes of doing some work. I’ve asked the same type of questions before but I’ve seen the error of my ways and what it’s causing the sport I love to turn into.

Any google search of “turkey hunting in ......” will bring up forum posts from years ago. I wouldn’t share any information on an open forum for this very reason.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flipping out may not have been the correct term but every one now days assumes that when someone asks advice they’re trying to steal you’re secret spot or something. I’ve made several new friends over the last few years just talking about hunting and figuring new spots out and what not but it’s getting to where any time some asks a question peo0le just assume they’re lazy and trying to let someone do the work for them. Just seems like it’s be easier and more respectful to either offer advice or just not say anything. I can understand not telling a specific spot or something. I personally enjoying spending the time to scout and give myself a better chance of success.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
It’s a dang shame a guy can’t even ask advice anymore in the world of hunting without everyone flipping out. Ain’t ever bashed an out of stater myself and don’t plan to. I don’t blame anyone that’s respectful about doing so wanting to hunt new places but can’t even get an opinion on a state without a bunch of smartass remarks. I can see people not giving zones or wma’s or something like that away and as stated in original post wasn’t asking for that just a recommendation on a state to go put the time and effort in to making the trip worth it.
Some people respond just to stir the pot, some out of sarcasm. Some give false info just lead you astray. Some like to help. You just need weed through and have thick skin and ignore it. It is the interwebs after all. No need to get in the feels.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
When I got ready to go out of state I looked at harvest records for that state. I looked at WMAs and counties with the highest harvest numbers. I then looked at their gobbler reports to try and figure out when was a good time to go, then I called and emailed the turkey biologist of the state I was going to to get his thoughts on where I was planning on going based on the information that the state puts out. You gotta know better than to ask these jack wagons around here anything.
And you’re welcome for acknowledging my honest response to your question.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts