Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Heading to DeGray for Thanksgiving weekend. We live in Texas. Want to find deear hunting options for my husband. I have found some information from agfa, I know about the out of state license options. It looks like we have missed any chances to get permits for WMA's. Not finding much luck googling day hunting leases. Help. How can I find day hunting leases? Is there still a chance to get him access to a WMA? Where are the good locales to hunt, close to DeGray? Thank you for any input/guidance.

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Go here http://www.agfc.com/data-facts-maps/maps/GoogleEarth.aspx and click on the Google Earth maps. There is a WMA that surrounds lake DeGray that he can hunt. Here is a link to the regulations. http://www.agfc.com/hunting/deer/seasondates-deer.aspx I think that's in zone 13.

According to our Game and fish book Modern Gun Season for DeGray Lake WMA Modern gun season goes from Nov. 8 - Dec 7 with a 4 deer limit 2 bucks and 2 doe. Bear season will also be open to modern gun hunting over Thanksgiving.

·
Administrator
15,003 Posts
Id check out Casey Jones WMA if you dont find anything around the lake.

Its a $20 permit but there are thousands of acres that you gain access to with it. Its scattered over south Arkansas but some parts of it arent that far from Degray.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Day hunts for deer are almost nonexistent in Arkansas to the best of my knowledge. There are some fenced enclosures that offer them but you will need plenty of money. Legacy ranch near Foreman Arkansas is one I know of.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Id check out Casey Jones WMA if you dont find anything around the lake.

Its a $20 permit but there are thousands of acres that you gain access to with it. Its scattered over south Arkansas but some parts of it arent that far from Degray.
I think you mean Big Timber WMA. Casey Jones is down in Drew & Ashley counties. Big Timber is South of DeGray around Arkadelphia and down towards Gurdon.

One warning about DeGray WMA... they can and do run dogs there during gun season, so if be warned if you're not into that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.