Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm hoping for Missouri in September and Kansas in November.. if Kansas draw is unsuccessful, I'll be thinking hard about Illinois in November.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm hoping for Missouri in September and Kansas in November.. if Kansas draw is unsuccessful, I'll be thinking hard about Illinois in November.
I have questions regarding the Kansas draw process and I know it is due during this month
1. do go ahead and apply for permit for certain units even if you do not have a lease yet in unit to which you apply
2. Can you apply for multiple units at one time
3. if you get into a lease that is not in previously applied for unit can you still hunt it or do you just hunt the public areas
4.How does one find lease owners and contact info for them

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never had a lease ever so I'm no good on this one
I have done DIY public in kansas and it can be tuff but I've enjoyed the challenge

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have questions regarding the Kansas draw process and I know it is due during this month
1. do go ahead and apply for permit for certain units even if you do not have a lease yet in unit to which you apply
3. if you get into a lease that is not in previously applied for unit can you still hunt it or do you just hunt the public areas
1- better make sure there is ample public land in the units.
2- yes, they must border each other
3-no, can only hunt units drawn
4- no idea, I have inlaws that own and farm a considerable amount of land in N. Central Kansas that I hunt.

·
Registered
22,150 Posts

I'd definitely have a place to hunt BEFORE applying - WIHA backup if nothing else

Gotta hunt in the unit your tag is good for

leasing is expensive - my buddies WIHA'd last year and had horrible hunting - FYI

1 - 10 of 10 Posts